G

Question : What is the optimal memory configuration for the nforce3 socket 754 chipset? Is it 1 DIMM, 2 DIMM's or doe it matter at all?

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Enthusiast </b>!! </font color=green>

pat

Expert
My Soltek had 2 memory slots that where filled with 2 Corsair sticks. It was twinx memory, PC3200 and everything was fine.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

G

coo, thanks Pat. I checked around here and I couldn't seem to find anything about it, and I swore I read somewhere it runs better with a single stick of RAM. Maybe I was just thinking about a P4 or something?? Anywho I was planning on getting a winchester 3200 and a nf4 DFI board, but I'm checking prices on socket 754 to see how much cheaper it would be. Seems I've shaved well over $100 bucks on just the cpu/ mobo. I just wish ATI had more options available in AGP. Thanks again for the help man :smile:

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Enthusiast </b>!! </font color=green>

tweebel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
S754 sometimes has trouble with multiple dimms especially if its more than 1 gig or 2 sticks. Especially if you are going to use two kinds of memory you should test it.

TRENDING THREADS