pavilion 8880 boot up woes after BIOS update

A friends Pavilion 8880 PC had bios v2.13 but os (XP home) indictated errors
so found an HP web site article recommending upgrading bios.

Installed bios v3.05 and appeared to install ok.

After reboot all I got was the 'hp invent' screen; no xp loading and no
floppy activity light.

Couldn't get into BIOS via F1 on bootup either.

Tried taking out battery, reset memory, now beeps 3 times on boot, no screen
display and subsequently shuts itself down.
1 answer Last reply
More about pavilion 8880 boot woes bios update

    answered now:

    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=781704&admit=716493758+1106518271412+28353475

    :)

    "andrew" <dhddd@jhdjhgdjhd.com> wrote in message

    > A friends Pavilion 8880 PC had bios v2.13 but os (XP home) indictated
    errors
    > so found an HP web site article recommending upgrading bios.
    >

    > Installed bios v3.05 and appeared to install ok.
    >
    > After reboot all I got was the 'hp invent' screen; no xp loading and no
    > floppy activity light.
    >
    > Couldn't get into BIOS via F1 on bootup either.
    >

    > Tried taking out battery, reset memory, now beeps 3 times on boot, no
    screen
    > display and subsequently shuts itself down.

Hewlett Packard BIOS Pavilion Computers