Crysis 2 thoughts on delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Will you invest in a newer PD once this comes out? Or at least a new GPU or TWO?

At least there is a delay so now it will be worth upgrading in a year from now. By then the Xbox 360 and PS3 are really going to be outdated as they are not even DX10... Im sure there will be a huge descrepency and will be fun to compare benchmarks.

Thoughts?

Solution
An interview says it will have lower requirements than the original, but will improve on graphic capabilities of the engine.
http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/report_a-game-changing-session_1354144

Can you link me to where they say they are developing the game simultaneously for all 3 systems? I'm still weary about devs saying this. Mass Effect 2 was supposedly not a console port and developed on the PC at the same time, but the controls are terrible and when going to the galaxy map I see XYBA buttons like on a XBOX controller.

Shirosaki

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
Are the graphics even going to be that great? I thought Crysis 2 was being developed on console and then ported to PC. Usually games like that aren't very good on graphics. Also, I was watching the interview for E3 and a developer was being interviewed about the game. And when asked about graphics, he kind of dodged the question about whether the graphics were going to be high end like Crysis's were.

nope, they developed the PC, PS3, and XBOX360 version at the same time (the developer tool is really neat, look it up), so the PC version will still look good, keep in mind it will have similar requirements as the first but much higher on the high end (ie DX11, Tessellation, DOF)

i think it's good if a game gets delayed for a good reason, i mean if they are willing to spend more time on it thinking it's not as good as it should be, that is better for us

Shirosaki

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
An interview says it will have lower requirements than the original, but will improve on graphic capabilities of the engine.
http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/report_a-game-changing-session_1354144

Can you link me to where they say they are developing the game simultaneously for all 3 systems? I'm still weary about devs saying this. Mass Effect 2 was supposedly not a console port and developed on the PC at the same time, but the controls are terrible and when going to the galaxy map I see XYBA buttons like on a XBOX controller.

Solution
trying to find the link and that was a while ago (before i re-installed windows the last time which is every 6 months)

they aren't developing the game separately, but the engine separately, and if you have seen the editor they have now, you can link the PS3, XB360, and a PC to see what it looks like on the fly making developing the game easier and all in one after the engine was finished, i guess i should have been a little more specific that it was the engine (which is what really matters anyways) not the game

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

interesting article

Status
Not open for further replies.