Xbox To Computer

XxDaRosaxX

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Hello Guys, I was wondering if there was a way to connect your XBox360 To your Computer via Ethernet Cord, and then Have your computer connected to a Router Supplying internet to both the Xbox and the Internet? I have an Ethernet Jack in my room that is wired to a Network Downstairs, My computer is connected to this jack and then pretty much wired through the walls to my Router downstairs.
Now My Question is can I connect my XBox Via Ethernet to the Ethernet Port in the back of my computer for networking and supply internet to both.

Thanks,
Jon

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
No. If you don't want to run another cable to your router, you can use an ethernet switch. You can think of a switch as a splitter. Just hook the switch to your wall outlet and connect your computer and xbox to the switch.

You can find switches anywhere (Best Buy, Staples, Wal-Mart, etc), since your needs are pretty simple, you can get by with a cheap model.

Example (I never used this brand or model, but it's under $15 at Wal-Mart):
http://www.walmart.com/ip/TRENDnet-5-Port-10-100-Mini-Switch/10760294?wmlspartner=GPA&sourceid=44444444440402196527