Sam Raimi Talks World of Warcraft Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
On the one hand, this sounds really cool. On they other hand, Hollywood doesn't exactly have a spectacular track record where it comes to realizing video games as subject matter for feature-length films. But, yeah, I'd probably drop $10 to see (provided it wasn't made by Uwe Boll).

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]the love interest is a female Night Elf named "diamondlilly", shes played by Robert DeNero in drag[/citation]
LoL, yep, just like every other night-elf character on WoW.

I'd rather see a Diablo-based movie, weren't they supposed to make one years ago? And please, PLEASE, do not tell me Uwe Bol bought those rights and made it 5 years ago starring Dolph Lundgren.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]the antagonist is an undead warlock named "gnomepwnr" played by the geeky kid from wonder years[/citation]

What? Don't you mean this guy...

mmorpg-gamer.jpg

carlhenry

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
ok this is great news just don't put health and mana bars on the actor just as the dead or alive movie did. seriously. i love fantasy movies just don't put the game's environment in it. i don't want to see any mouse pointers at the movie.

johnnyupgrade

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]...(provided it wasn't made by Uwe Boll).[/citation]

They better not let that guy any where near this movie.

It doesn't sound like they're sticking to the original plot of Warcraft, which sucks. I really don't care much for the fantasy genre, but I found the storyline in Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne (and carried over to Wow) really interesting. Almost felt like Greek mythology.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]johnnyupgrade[/nom]They better not let that guy any where near this movie.It doesn't sound like they're sticking to the original plot of Warcraft, which sucks. I really don't care much for the fantasy genre, but I found the storyline in Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne (and carried over to Wow) really interesting. Almost felt like Greek mythology.[/citation]

That's Warcraft 3. Personally, I much prefer the ACTUAL storyline of the original Warcraft, yes, Warcraft 1.

Also, is this live action? I really can't see this being very good at all as a live action movie, regardless of Sam Raimi. Warcraft has a very distinct art that I don't think would carry over very well.

reverendxero

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
The laughed Ewe Boll out of their office (Blizzard). Sam Raimi has a great track record. This news of him working on The Hobbit (since Guillermo De Toro has left the project) is interesting too.

ryanjm

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
^Eh, not that great imo. He was supposed to turn the Terry Goodkind Sword of Truth books into this awesome tv show, and instead he sold the rights to Disney who in turn produced this piece of shit "Legend of the Seeker." Raimi had promised Goodkind it would stay true to his vision, etc... but the show has almost nothing to do with the books and barely even follows the plot.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]On the one hand, this sounds really cool. On they other hand, Hollywood doesn't exactly have a spectacular track record where it comes to realizing video games as subject matter for feature-length films. But, yeah, I'd probably drop $10 to see (provided it wasn't made by Uwe Boll).[/citation]
The first thing I thought was, 'I hope that its directed by Uwe Boll'. His movies are hilarious.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
So far the best game2movie adaptations are Silent Hill and the first Resident Evil. yet something tells me Sam Raimi has never played wow..... (nor played WC3)

pwndcake

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
[citation][nom]Athreex[/nom]Thanks. I was afraid this could turn into a TRON-meets-WoW extravaganza.[/citation]

That sounds kinda awesome actually. I would totally pay $15 a month to play that.

jumbocrab

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
this movie sounds a lot like a long add for wow. i guess bliz is killing two birds with one stone; selling lots of movie tickets, and recruiting more people for wow.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]blazeorangeman[/nom]expect his brother to be in it...that's all I know 100% lol[/citation]

You mean Bruce Campbell? That would be great if he played a gnome or something. Just as long as he has access to a chainsaw....

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun!"

G

And introducing...

Leeeeerrrrooooooyyyyyyy Jennnnnkkkiinnnnnnsss!!!

reverendxero

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]You mean Bruce Campbell? That would be great if he played a gnome or something. Just as long as he has access to a chainsaw...."Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun!"[/citation]

His Brother is Ted Raimi. Bruce is his best friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.