officejet 6110: default paper size always letter format

I'm struggling now for quite some time with my 6110
to have his default paper size set to A4.

This issue really matters when you want to use the
copy function, because you always need to go to the
panel settings to change from letter to A4. Even
when set to A4 it falls back to letter when it goes
to energy save mode.

Any idea?

Thanks, Thomas

P.S: printing with a computer is not an issue as the
driver will switch to A4 by default once set. It's
really all about when using the 6110 as a copy machine.

Thomas Feil wrote:
> I'm struggling now for quite some time with my 6110
> to have his default paper size set to A4.
>
> This issue really matters when you want to use the
> copy function, because you always need to go to the
> panel settings to change from letter to A4. Even
> when set to A4 it falls back to letter when it goes
> to energy save mode.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks, Thomas
>
> P.S: printing with a computer is not an issue as the
> driver will switch to A4 by default once set. It's
> really all about when using the 6110 as a copy machine.

Finally found solution on the HP support pages (need to
do a general search, not by model).

The defaults can be set via the HP Director Software.
Too bad that I¨m using Linux and was experting that
all settings can be done on the printer itself, too.
Quite interesting that one is forced to use an unwanted
operating system just to configure the printer.

Thomas