About the Abit lawsuit...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I posted it <A HREF="http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=178034" target="_new">Here</A> because of the picture.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
They did the responsible thing! Admitting to their mistake may have helped their customers, but it also opened them up to litigation.
It is apparent at their web site that Abit is doing everything possible to make repairs/replacements as painless as possible.<A HREF="http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?s=1d80541124fd6d6b845eb08ae70ccc80&threadid=52779" target="_new">HERE </A> is an example of someone who returned their board and it only took 6 days to get a replacement.

!#&$ <font color=blue> :eek: </font color=blue>---<font color=red><i><b>It's not heavy,...it's my computer</font color=red></i></b>

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
Need to start a campaign somewhere.... Don't know if Toms is up for it.. [H]ardOCP might be.

What do u think? How can we help?

The loving are the daring!

I'd be willing to help out - just let me know what I can do!

You know I've really been leaning towards DFI for my next purchase, but this demonstration of customer service and loyalty has me rethinking the purchase!

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
What possible good could come of this lawsuit?
Well, the lawyers will get lots of money. Those who sign on for this lawsuit will receive $1.12. The lawyers will get millions.

You've tried and failed. The lesson here is, never try again. -- Homer Simpson.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That's the thing about Abit, a person could buy bad boards on eBay for $10, RMA them to Abit, and sell the replacements for $80. Not that I've known anyone who's done that several times...

Asus makes you have the box in hand, with Abit you can grab the serial off the board. Some companies require a receipt, etc, Abit takes your word for it. Basically, if the board dies under warranty, Abit replaces it without making you jump through hoops.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, I'm certain their lawyer would like unbiased proof that Abit has been honoring their warranties, but I don't know how to support them like that. You could ask!

G

Wow, that does seem really unfair that Abit could be help financially responsible for millions just because they tried to keep customers happy. No wonder so many peeps dislike lawyers :smile:

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Enthusiast </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>