ugaman72

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2005
After reading posts for several weeks, I just bought a Athlon 64 3500+. Now comes the hard part, picking out a mobo. I need something for fairly advanced graphics and video editing, stable, DDR memory, and general video recording. I will be doing little OC'ing if any, and this is a work computer, so no gaming on this one. I have two suggestions that other people have made, and I just wanted to get the "professional" oppinion from you guys. The two I've had recommended are:
Abit "AN8" and the
GIGABYTE "GA-K8N Ultra-9"
I already have 1G of Mushkin DDR PC-3200 and two Western Digital 160G SATA Hard Drives that I need to use...any preferences over these two boards, or other suggestions will be appreciated.

Either of these are good boards. I prefer Abit because of their loyalty to customer, stability and high quality components. They have similar prices and features, but decide which one has the features that you need at the right price.

Edit: Can I safely assume that you have a s939 CPU? If you don't then neither of these boards will work...
:tongue: <font color=red>Have you read the FAQ? Searched for other posts on this topic?</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Rugger on 03/08/05 11:28 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Between those two I would go with the Abit. This <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-136-152&depa=1" target="_new">DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra D</A> is less expensive and arguably the best s939 board on the street right now.

G

Listen to Rugger, he knows what's up :smile:

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Enthusiast </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>