Asus mobo vs. new CPUs

VSD

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
HI:

I am building my own PC:

Asus P5AD2-E Premium Intel 925XE Retail and
new Intel Pentium 4 650 (3.4 GHz) with EM64T Retail.

I´ve heard I need to upgrade to BIOS 1004... but I don´t now what BIOS my retail mobo has. The question is:

¿Will I be able to boot so that I can upgrade the BIOS?. I don´t want to install the processor and remove it afterwards.

Thanks in advance.

PD. I have contacted ASUS but I haven´t got an answer yet.

Your manual should have BIOS flashing procedures.

VSD

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks Rugger, but if I install the CPU and the system does not work I will not be able to upgrade BIOS. That´s the problem.

I´d like to know in advance if there´s a chance that my system will boot.

I only have a 775 pin CPU - the new one.

regards

I am not an Intel man and am not the right person for this question...list your system specs/parts and another THG bubba will throw out some ideas...

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Ive got this same board and the 550 version of the 3.4 Yes the computer will run. It has the BIOS preloaded. The update is just additional instructions that you can add later. I will caution you against doing a BIOS upgrade at this point. You need to get a good feel of the system and how it works. Familarize yourself with the software and the features in the BIOS. Only flash your BIOS when you know more about the procedure. You can totally cripple your system if you dont do it correctly. List your system specs for future reference. Everything from the PSU, RAM, etc....

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"