Dumbass

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

Is it just me or was the boss in Hell much harder than the final boss?

The final boss seemed easier was because there was more space to run around
and thus dodge the bug guy...

Plus, the stage with the final boss seemed much brighter.

On 11/21/2004 7:35 AM Dumbass brightened our day with:

>Is it just me or was the boss in Hell much harder than the final boss?
>
>The final boss seemed easier was because there was more space to run around
>and thus dodge the bug guy...
>
>Plus, the stage with the final boss seemed much brighter.

That final level, if you could put some pits or other hazards in the way
and if you couldn't do a complete circumnavigation of the area, more
horseshoe shaped than circular, it would be much tougher.
The way it is all you have to do is just start running, and just keep
going around in circles.

The toughest battle for me (and it could be just because of where my
health/armor were at the time) was mid way through Hell against 3 Hell
Knights, some imps and some cherubim. Again in Hell there was a fight
with Mancubi and cherubim that was tougher than the boss fights.

No matter what the final battle with the Cyberdaemon was still
satisfying. I hate boss battles where you just pump an unreal amount of
ammo into them and do the same little trick over and over. The final
battle would not have been made better just by giving the Cyberdaemon
more hit points.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

I didn't really like the CyberDemon at the end of the game.

Don't get me wrong, he was absolutely awesome and terrifyingly powerful, but
I personally take to boss fights where its not "ok i have to shoot him so
many times and he'll die" or "if i do this little thing over and over
(cough)soulcube(cough), the boss will eventually die"

I would've liked to see an ending where a 'creative' solution kills the boss
(like in Perfect Dark where you have to shoot the pillars behind the boss in
order to defeat him).

But, to the actual question at hand, is the Cyberdemon easier than the
Guardian?

I think so.

I didn't realize that the Seekers had to be killed before I could hurt the
Guardian until I died a few times, then actually started listening to the
soulcube. The Guardian moved a whole lot faster than the Cyberdemon, and
his melee attacks made me all panicky, which made that fight a lot
harder/more fun.

Oh well, they both still rock =)