Sign in with
Your question

How do I change the CD-ROM drive in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004?

Last response: in Video Games
August 18, 2010 12:34:08 AM

Hello,

I am trying to use Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 but after installing, I get an error message saying Disc 4 needs to be in the CD-ROM drive. The only problem is, I installed all the discs using a Virtual Drive (MagicISO) because my CD-ROM drive is broken. I cannot insert the Disc 4 anywhere, but now the game will not recognize my virtual drive, even though it was used for the complete installation. Can you tell me if there is a config file somewhere that I can change to make the game look for it on my Virtual Drive?

Please send a solution to my email address at jackrabbit1978@live.com

Thank you

August 18, 2010 12:48:16 PM

Also, maybe if I can open the .exe file, I could change the path from my CD ROM drive to my Virtual Drive??? Anyone know how to edit a .exe file?
m
l
August 18, 2010 4:13:53 PM

The simplest thing to do is replace the drive. They are pretty cheap; a dvd drive can be bought for $20 - $30 online.

Jack Rabbit said:
Also, maybe if I can open the .exe file, I could change the path from my CD ROM drive to my Virtual Drive??? Anyone know how to edit a .exe file?

That is considered as "cracking" and is illegal to discuss in this forum.
m
l
Related resources
August 18, 2010 4:59:58 PM

Ok, well, I didn't know that was "cracking". Anyway, to jaguarskx, I appreciate your response, and to someone who "has" 20-30 dollars, I imagine that would be pretty cheap, but to someone who doesn't have it (me) I was looking for a simple way to play this game without needing my CD ROM.
m
l
August 31, 2010 12:23:27 PM

So what kind of website is this? All this wealth of information and nobody can answer my question??? It's not an issue of cracking. I just want to play this game on my computer. Maybe somebody can recommend a different forum where I can get an answer.
m
l
!