Sign in with
Your question

Asus A8N-E driving me nuts!

Last response: in Motherboards
March 10, 2005 11:10:34 PM

OK, so I've finally put together a system that I'm happy with.
Figured I'd read up on the mobo I'm buying: <b>ASUS A8N-E w. NF4 Ultra, s939 pci-e</b>... Seems like it doesn't exist yet! Not even mentioned on the ASUS website? then y are they <A HREF="http://komplett.se/k/ki.asp?sku=307700&cks=PRL" target="_new">selling it</A>? Let's clear this up once and for all, does a non SLI version of the s939 ASUS nf4 mobo exist yet? when is it coming? according to that reseller it will be in their store by tomorrow?

More about : asus a8n driving nuts

March 11, 2005 6:43:56 AM

yup thats the one. It's going to be real interesting to see if the seller keeps his word. Thanks for clearing that up

March 11, 2005 5:37:35 PM

I am lookin for the premium version of that board, A8N-E Premium.How do you think these boards compare to the new ati-200?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mattburklund on 03/11/05 02:39 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
March 11, 2005 8:05:46 PM

I think the NF4 kicks ass, but then I'm really no expert. I just believe in going with the established, reliable components. Since ati is such a new player in the chipset area, they are bound to have infancy problems which I'd rather avoid. Anyway here's a review comparing the two:

<A HREF="http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=article&dId..." target="_new"> ati-200 vs Nforce 4</A>

March 12, 2005 12:21:35 AM

Quote:
No idea why you're going with ASUS right now with so many other much much better nF4 Ultra options out there like DFI LANParty nF4 UT Ultra-D, MSI K8N Neo4 Plat and EPoX 9NPA+.

much much better? Well asus has always been good to me in the past I guess, they seem to do well in almost any <A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20050103/socket..." target="_new">review</A> and I seem to have read something about them in THG's "best of 2004 - reader's choice" (also no1 in 03, 02, 01 right?) :smile: .

The only fault's I see are the somewhat noisy fan, the RAM slots are in the wrong (vertical) direction, and it's a few bucks more expensive than other mobos. Since these are things I can live with, and I don't plan to O/C this asus mobo seems like the ultmate for me. (and it's soo nice looking!)

March 22, 2005 4:59:15 AM

Asus is just too overpriced for my tastes, I used to think like you do about them, but then I found DFI... :smile:

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Addict </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>
<pre> Always remember to keep testicles away from live wiring </pre><p>
March 22, 2005 5:46:14 AM

DFI is just too overpriced for my tastes. I used to think like you do about them, but then I went back to Abit.
March 22, 2005 6:18:55 AM

I'll take a no name board that comes out of a Compaq with no adjustments in the BIOS :tongue:

<b>Ned Flanders said that im a BAD ASS</b> :lol: 
Intel 550(3.4)@4.2
ASUS P5AD2-E-Prem
Ballistix PC5300@DDR2 780
ATI Radeon X800XL
TT 680W PSU
March 22, 2005 6:31:40 AM

Quote:
I'll take a no name board that comes out of a Compaq with no adjustments in the BIOS

Now that is sick, and demented, and totally untrue.
Hades for Mozz = an endless supply of high end mobos, all with compaq bios.
March 22, 2005 9:52:33 AM

Speaking of sick...Look at his siggy......

March 22, 2005 8:33:52 PM

Lol, nah, no thanks. I'll stay reserved.
!