Need a DDR400 Registered compatible motherboard

cavlab

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2005
I am stuck with some ddr400 registered memory (2x1024) and am trying to build a system around it. I need help finding a motherboard that won't break the bank. I really don't care what CPU I end up with. I am going out of my mind trying to figure out what MBs are compatible with registered memory (the manufacturers usually don't say either way). Please help before I throw my computer out the window. Thanks in advance.

Cavlab

sturm

Splendid
Most modern motherboards should run ok with the ecc memory installed. You just wont get the error correction.
Now if you want to use error correction youll probably have to go with a server board. Look at some of the tyan boards.

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My old Tyan Tiger Dualie died so I was stuck with two sticks of ECC memory. I found out the Via KT333 chipset is compatible with ECC memory so I've had the stuff running happily in an MSI KT333 motherboard for quite a while now. Not the fastest thing, but it runs 24/7 on my home network.

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

cavlab

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2005
Thanks for the reply. I have found several for $400+, I'm trying to find something for less than $200 if possible.

cavlab

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2005
Thanks for the reply. The problem isn't the ECC, it's the fact that it's registered ECC. I had to learn the difference the hard way, thats why I'm stuck with the memory. Any suggestions?