How to play trial version of the same game from different sites

G

Hello, I will like to know how to download the trial version of the same game on different sites without being told that my trial has expired!!

Installing the programs (like trial games) writes entries into the Windows Registry. Those entries are used to by Windows to recognize that a program has been installed. Meaning you click the program's launch button and the program will run. If those entries are missing then most programs will not run.

Trial versions of software also writes some type of info which indicates the date the program (game) was installed. Once the trial period is over, then that's it; the end. It doesn't matter which site you downloaded from because it is the same trial program.

If you want to reinstall the game, then you must edit the Windows Registry to eliminate the game's entries. Easier said than done especially if you do not know what to look for. Deleting the wrong entries can have one or more of the following effects:

1. A different program or basic Windows function no longer works properly.
2. Your system becomes unstable
3. Your system will not boot.

If you don't know what you are doing then don't mess with the Registry.

You have three options:

1. Stop playing that game.
2. Buy that game.
3. Wipe your hard drive and reinstall Windows and any other programs you want and that trial game. When the trial period ends and you still want to play again, then repeat this step.

joyce22

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Hello, I will like to know how to download the trial version of the same game on different sites without being told that my trial has expired!!

Hi

You CAN download the same trial version of a game on different sites.I was reading your post because I have a similar question, and I just posted my question a few minutes ago. I have played the same game going from site to site, and at times I have actually been able to finish a game; there are other times when I have to start from the beginning of the game. I'm not sure what determines whether or not a game can be continued or not, but I do know that I have always been able to at least play the game on many different sites, even if I have to start at the beginning of the game. I'm not sure which game you are trying to play, but I would think the rules would be the same.

joyce22

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

Hi Jaguar,

I was reading your response to the question regarding playing the same game on different sites. You state that it doesn't matter if the site is different because the computer recognizes that you have already played it on another site. This is not true. I have gone on to a game site, played a game, and then downloaded it on a different site, and continued where I left off in the last game. I have also gone into a second game site and had to start from the beginning again, which brings me to my main question, which is WHY IS THIS? What determines whether or not I am able to continue the previous game or start over again? I was curious because there doesn't seem to be an rhyme or reason to it. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the game site, or the game, for that matter. Sometimes I am able to go from site to site and actually finish the game, and other times, nothing. This question has baffled me for a long time. I would appreciate it if you could shed some light on it. I wasn't sure which category this post should go under, so I apologize if the category is incorrect.

Thanks

Joyce