umala

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2003
Hi!

I have the Gigabyte K8VM800M and right from the first time I realised that there is a INSTABILITY with the ability to connect to monitor.I still remember that for sometimes in the first time, there is nothing on screen and I have to unplug and plug again and again many time to find luck.
Then it seems to be stable though sometime, after reseting, the monitor does not shows anything else itself.I have to use Turn Off to have better chance.

But now, when I try to install a new graphic card in it, system is completely out of ability to produce anything on monitor. Strange enough, in the USB wireless mouse, there is also no light on the USB receiver part, meaning that maybe USB port also has problem. The fan works just fine.

It makes me remember the some first times of using that system that I have to try with luck to get the signal to monitor. What is wrong or simply VIA chipset is just that [-peep-]

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
VIA chipsets are cheap, you usually get what you pay for. However, SiS chipsets are even cheaper, and better, so sometimes you can find a bargain.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It sounds like you have a driver problem or a hardware conflict. I'd start over and comb through the BIOS first thing. The second thing would be to load O/S. The third thing would be motherboard/chipset drivers. The fourth thing would be video drivers (if applicable). Hopefully, you're starting with a fresh format on your hard drive.

Abit IS7 - 3.0C @ 3.6ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot