hotspot software

I am planning to open a hotspot at my restaurant. The most amount of
money that I want to spend is 700 dollars. In this price range,
instanthotspot seems to be the best. Have I missed something? Is
there anyone with bad experiences with this software.?

So, do you plan on charging for this service or provide it for free? If its
free, do you just want people to be able to login before using?

"Ahmet" <genius@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am planning to open a hotspot at my restaurant. The most amount of
> money that I want to spend is 700 dollars. In this price range,
> instanthotspot seems to be the best. Have I missed something? Is
> there anyone with bad experiences with this software.?

Why not just buy a wireless router for $50 and open it to everyone?

Mike Schumann

"Ahmet" <genius@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am planning to open a hotspot at my restaurant. The most amount of
> money that I want to spend is 700 dollars. In this price range,
> instanthotspot seems to be the best. Have I missed something? Is
> there anyone with bad experiences with this software.?

beretta

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

On 26 Oct 2004 11:44:23 -0700, genius@gmail.com (Ahmet) wrote:

>I am planning to open a hotspot at my restaurant. The most amount of
>money that I want to spend is 700 dollars. In this price range,
>instanthotspot seems to be the best. Have I missed something? Is
>there anyone with bad experiences with this software.?

I think Boingo is pretty close to that range. They provide a PC, the AP, and the
software. However, bear in mind that all that would have to happen is for the
guy across the street to setup a free HotSpot... Who's gonna pay to use yours?

INFO

genius@gmail.com (Ahmet) wrote in message news:<366f0ca8.0410261044.14ccfd1a@posting.google.com>...
> I am planning to open a hotspot at my restaurant. The most amount of
> money that I want to spend is 700 dollars. In this price range,
> instanthotspot seems to be the best. Have I missed something? Is
> there anyone with bad experiences with this software.?

Try FirstSpot ( http://patronsoft.com/firstspot ). The Standard
Edition will fall within your budget, and there is a free trial so
that you can try before you buy.