Sign in with
Your question

Computer okay for gaming??

Last response: in Video Games
August 19, 2010 10:14:47 PM

i ran a test on my computer to see if i can play a pc game and here are my results:

CPU
Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor or better supported
You Have: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor LE-1300
Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your CPU does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations.

CPU Speed
Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor or better supported
You Have: 2.31 GHz
Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your CPU Speed does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations.

RAM
Minimum: 1 GB
You Have: 1.9 GB
PASS

OS
Minimum: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
PASS

Video Card
Minimum: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT or better or ATI Radeon 1600 XT or better
You Have: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your Video Card does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations.
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 256 MB 825.0 MB
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 3.0 3.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0 3.0

Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: Realtek High Definition Audio
PASS

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 12 GB of free hard drive space
You Have: 236.7 GB
PASS

so my question is like would i be able to play like Call of Duty: World at War 2. And if yes would it lag ALOT or just enough that i cans till play comfortably??

More about : computer gaming

August 20, 2010 10:22:20 AM

Your games would play some of the games at low settings/ resolution. But none of the newer ones. Plus, there will be a lag.

You should consider upgrading your rig. If you're ready, what would be your budget? If you want, Tom's can help point you in the right direction. Suggest you open a thread in 'the homebuilt system's' section. :) 
m
l
August 20, 2010 8:49:44 PM

FYI: semprons are the crippled amd processors and you seem to only have an on board gpu and ther are both not meant for gaming. I used a sempron chip with almost a similar onboard gpu for my file server which stay on 24/7. LOL it's been on for almost 7 years now... I can see it on the network but I think I forgot where I put it.
m
l
August 20, 2010 8:51:51 PM

hmm. or is it 6 years... hah...
m
l
!