Weird Problem SCii. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doneddie7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Hey guys. Lately when I've been playing Starcraft ii, the game has begun to blink or flicker. It locks up for a second sometimes, and sometimes it also makes units/buildings all black without detail.

The resolution is 2048x1152, and I'm using a EVGA GTX 275 FTW edition. My settings are at Ultra in the game, and my card has never stuttered like this before when playing other games set at the Max settings.

Processor: i7 920
Ram: 6gb
Board: EVGA X58 SLI LE
HDD: 74gb WD Raptor
GPU: EVGA GTX 275 FTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PbX56CoJVk&feature=player_embedded

I've included a link to a youtube video of my screen while I mess around in SC. At around 30 seconds, the screen locks up, and then blacks out for a second. Sometimes when it returns to the normal play screen, the little monitor icon for input source DVI will pop up as though it was source checking or something. There are no instances of the blacked out units/buildings in this video, but several instances of the blinking/flickering screen, and the blacking out of the screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PbX56CoJVk&feature=player_embedded

These are some of the more noticeable times in the video that you see the problem:

00:30-00:35
01:00
01:23
01:43
02:32
02:48-02:52
03:41

Has anyone seen this before, or know what it might be due to? I'm open to all thoughts. I'm just trying to figure out what on earth is going on. Let me know what you think might be up.

As always, thanks a bunch for all your help.

Solution
You may want to check out the SC2 forums and post this in the technical support section. There are quite a few issues with this game and video cards. I'm guessing it's the video card, but you should probably try other games to see if the same issue happens. You should also check your temps when it starts locking up and freezing like that.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
TRy lowering your resolution and then play the game and see whether the flickering occurs or not....and different games have different demands....like you can't play crysis with this resolution and these settings.

Shirosaki

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
You may want to check out the SC2 forums and post this in the technical support section. There are quite a few issues with this game and video cards. I'm guessing it's the video card, but you should probably try other games to see if the same issue happens. You should also check your temps when it starts locking up and freezing like that.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.