"missing media pack

Hello folks, I keep getting a message"missing media pack" when I try to play
online. I know Everquest, but I know nothing about doom3. I had to go round
and round with a Wal-Mart manager because the software they sold me had
nothing in it. Lol
They had one more box left and someone had taken a razor blade and done the
same thing. I hope you guys have a game link for a dummy like me.

Thanks for replies.

On 11/24/2004 3:57 PM EggNog brightened our day with:

>Yes the Software was gone. Wal-mart had it for 39 dollars. I ended up buying
>it at Compusa for 49 dollars. I am not sure but the "missing media pack
>error" may be from the last patch.

Try reinstalling the whole game and then applying the 1.1 update.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

"LymanAlpha" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 11/24/2004 3:57 PM EggNog brightened our day with:
>

>>Yes the Software was gone. Wal-mart had it for 39 dollars. I ended up
>>buying it at Compusa for 49 dollars. I am not sure but the "missing media
>>pack error" may be from the last patch.
>>

> Try reinstalling the whole game and then applying the 1.1 update.
>
> --
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

Thanks Lyman, I will do that now.

"LymanAlpha" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 11/24/2004 3:57 PM EggNog brightened our day with:
>

>>Yes the Software was gone. Wal-mart had it for 39 dollars. I ended up
>>buying it at Compusa for 49 dollars. I am not sure but the "missing media
>>pack error" may be from the last patch.
>>

> Try reinstalling the whole game and then applying the 1.1 update.
>
> --
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

I did a reinstall and its working great now. Thanks for the help.

On 11/24/2004 9:21 PM EggNog brightened our day with:

>Weak minds have to use profanity to make a strong statement.

I thought your post was an attempt at self-depracating humor, kind of
"help me, I'm so obviously lost and here's proof".

The problems you had making a simple purchase were now confounded by
errors getting the game to work online.

BTW, the issue of the "media pack" error is not unknown, it's happened
to other people on occasion when applying the 1.1 patch.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

>>Weak minds have to use profanity to make a strong statement.
>>
> I thought your post was an attempt at self-depracating humor, kind of
> "help me, I'm so obviously lost and here's proof".
>
> The problems you had making a simple purchase were now confounded by
> errors getting the game to work online.
> BTW, the issue of the "media pack" error is not unknown, it's happened to
> other people on occasion when applying the 1.1 patch.

I was gonna cut him slack until he dug his own hole. His original post
claimed that he was getting a media pack error when trying to play online.
He then proceeded to tell me how he only got one CD when he bought it. How
the hell did he install the game in the first place to even attempt to get
online when he only had on CD? His story didn't add up. He only added to
his stupidity by giving all the details of his purchase to try to confuse
us. I know stores don't give refunds for software. What I was trying to
figure out was how he even attempted to get online when he only had one
install CD.

The only thing I can think of is he was poor at explaining the problem and
he actually had problems connecting AFTER he bought it from CompUSA due to
the patch issue. That's only an assumption. I really couldn't care less
either way.