PC Game controller for Doom III

Hey,

A budy of mine (honest, it's not for me) is a big Doom III fan and is
using the old mouse and keyboard as a controller.

Can you recommend a GREAT controller. Or should he stick to the mouse
as that's what he's used to?

Thanks,

"F" <garberfc22-googlepost@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
>
> A budy of mine (honest, it's not for me) is a big Doom III fan and is
> using the old mouse and keyboard as a controller.
>
> Can you recommend a GREAT controller. Or should he stick to the mouse
> as that's what he's used to?
>
> Thanks,

Keyboard and mouse are by far the best FPS controllers. I couldn't imagine
playing with anything else.

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> There is a replacement keyboard designed for FPS games, it's like $35 or
> so, the Zboard
> http://www.ideazon.com/newWebSite/products/games/crossfire/crossfire.html
> Thrustmaster also has one that looks good.
>
> rms
A newer link is http://www.zboard.com/. The crossfire is an older model. I
purchased the newer model recently and seems to help alot for a casual
gamer, myself included.

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:42:07 -0800, F wrote:

> Hey,
>
> A budy of mine (honest, it's not for me) is a big Doom III fan and is
> using the old mouse and keyboard as a controller.
>
> Can you recommend a GREAT controller. Or should he stick to the mouse
> as that's what he's used to?

I love my Logitech Trackman Marble. I'm still getting used to the
different control interface of Doom 3. Who the hell decided that, by
default, rolling the ball forward means look UP?

On 24 Nov 2004 11:42:07 -0800, garberfc22-googlepost@yahoo.com (F)
wrote:

>Hey,
>
>A budy of mine (honest, it's not for me) is a big Doom III fan and is
>using the old mouse and keyboard as a controller.
>
>Can you recommend a GREAT controller. Or should he stick to the mouse
>as that's what he's used to?

I'm a bit late on this thread, but I really like The Claw.

http://www.claw.com.au/

Nogo