New to using FRAPS

Carc369

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to record movies using FRAPS WITH the Framerate counter.

I have the retail version of it and I can't seem to figure it out. I'm starting to think you can't do it. If not can someone recommend me a free program that can?

Carc369

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
U need to press etither f9,f10,.when u run games.when the flps counter turns red it means it is recording.

Yea I know how to do that. Sorry I don't think I was clear.

When I re-play the movie after I recorded it... there is no framerate counter. How do I record it so that the frame rate counter stays when I replay the movie.

Carc369

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
Why u want to record a movie when it is already recorded.but fraps only works when the movie u are playing is using the gpu for acceleration.

Ok I guess I'm still not being clear lol.

Ok for instance, last night I was trying to benchmark Crysis at maxed settings. While I was recording... the Frame Rate counter was there.

Now after I'm done recording and I go to replay the movie, there is no frame rate counter. I'm trying to record both the frame rate counter and Crysis at the same time so I can upload it to YouTube and show what FPS I was getting with my settings/setup.