TriGem Cognac mainboard, and Bestec ATX100-5 PSU

I have an old HP Pavilion (WinME era) that houses a Trigem
Cognac mainboard. The PSU (Bestec ATX100-5) has died. This PSU has
what looks to be a floppy power connector that connects to the
mainboard. The connector is a 3 pin configuration with 3 wires
(2 black, 1 blue).
From what little info. I've gathered, this connector is for
powering the onboard soundcard's amplifier. I decided to move the
system into a roomier case with a 300W PSU. Problem is, there is no
PSUs with this connector. Does anyone know if it is possible to
rig a power connector for this? I was thinking of using a HDD
power splitter cable to splice the connector from the old PSU to
the new one. I just don't know what the wires on the 3 wire connector
are. Any help would be appreciated.

Larry.

craigm

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

Larry Roberts wrote:
> I have an old HP Pavilion (WinME era) that houses a Trigem
> Cognac mainboard. The PSU (Bestec ATX100-5) has died. This PSU has
> what looks to be a floppy power connector that connects to the
> mainboard. The connector is a 3 pin configuration with 3 wires
> (2 black, 1 blue).
> From what little info. I've gathered, this connector is for
> powering the onboard soundcard's amplifier. I decided to move the
> system into a roomier case with a 300W PSU. Problem is, there is no
> PSUs with this connector. Does anyone know if it is possible to
> rig a power connector for this? I was thinking of using a HDD
> power splitter cable to splice the connector from the old PSU to
> the new one. I just don't know what the wires on the 3 wire connector
> are. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Larry.

I believe that connector is for fan speed monitoring.

check here
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07169

craigm

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 06:55:53 -0600, craigm <none@domain.invalid>
wrote:

>Larry Roberts wrote:
>> I have an old HP Pavilion (WinME era) that houses a Trigem
>> Cognac mainboard. The PSU (Bestec ATX100-5) has died. This PSU has
>> what looks to be a floppy power connector that connects to the
>> mainboard. The connector is a 3 pin configuration with 3 wires
>> (2 black, 1 blue).
>> From what little info. I've gathered, this connector is for
>> powering the onboard soundcard's amplifier. I decided to move the
>> system into a roomier case with a 300W PSU. Problem is, there is no
>> PSUs with this connector. Does anyone know if it is possible to
>> rig a power connector for this? I was thinking of using a HDD
>> power splitter cable to splice the connector from the old PSU to
>> the new one. I just don't know what the wires on the 3 wire connector
>> are. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Larry.
>
>I believe that connector is for fan speed monitoring.
>
>check here
>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07169
>
>craigm

No. Fan speed would be monitored from the 3rd pin on the fan
connector. The pins I'm referring to aren,t shown on this diagram
(It's really a cluster of 5 pins, but only 3 are used) They are
located between #14, and #15 on that diagram.