What can we do?

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Right now my dad's Verizon Wireless 2yr contract is about to end. He has
the America's Choice Family Share plan. There are only 2 lines on the plan
with 400 minutes. He wants to stay with Verizon Wireless and keep the same
phone numbers. It is free to do so in California, I think. Anyways, I'm
using T-Mobile right now and my contract ends in 3 months. Can we open
another America's Choice Family plan and keep the same numbers for both
lines and then upgrade the plan later on so we have more minutes and add 2
more lines?

BTW, my dad needs the America's choice plans. We only need about 800
minutes.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Danny

Danny wrote:
> Right now my dad's Verizon Wireless 2yr contract is about to end. He
> has the America's Choice Family Share plan. There are only 2 lines
> on the plan with 400 minutes. He wants to stay with Verizon Wireless
> and keep the same phone numbers. It is free to do so in California,
> I think.

You (your dad and the other line) will/can retain their phone numbers
as long as you maintain service with VZW. What is new is that you
can even take those numbers with you if you switch to another cell phone
service provider.

> Anyways, I'm using T-Mobile right now and my contract ends
> in 3 months. Can we open another America's Choice Family plan and
> keep the same numbers for both lines and then upgrade the plan later
> on so we have more minutes and add 2 more lines?

Yes. Your dad would simply add your line to his existing family plan
and increase the shared minutes (on the primary line). I think there
may be a limit of 4 lines in addition to the primary line for a total of
5 but I'm not sure that you can't go more.

Note: If you want you can retain the number you have now with T-mobile.
(I'm assuming that your T-mobile account is billed to an address in the same
area as your dad's.)

-Quick

"Danny" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Right now my dad's Verizon Wireless 2yr contract is about to end. He has
> the America's Choice Family Share plan. There are only 2 lines on the
plan
> with 400 minutes. He wants to stay with Verizon Wireless and keep the
same
> phone numbers. It is free to do so in California, I think. Anyways, I'm
> using T-Mobile right now and my contract ends in 3 months. Can we open
> another America's Choice Family plan and keep the same numbers for both
> lines and then upgrade the plan later on so we have more minutes and add 2
> more lines?
>
> BTW, my dad needs the America's choice plans. We only need about 800
> minutes.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> -Danny

When your dad's contract ends, he goes into month to month mode. He can just
wait till you are ready and then change (get a new ac fam shr w 800 minutes,
with the same numbers, and add two more lines).

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102@Hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Danny" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Right now my dad's Verizon Wireless 2yr contract is about to end. He has
>> the America's Choice Family Share plan. There are only 2 lines on the
> plan
>> with 400 minutes. He wants to stay with Verizon Wireless and keep the
> same
>> phone numbers. It is free to do so in California, I think. Anyways, I'm
>> using T-Mobile right now and my contract ends in 3 months. Can we open
>> another America's Choice Family plan and keep the same numbers for both
>> lines and then upgrade the plan later on so we have more minutes and add
>> 2
>> more lines?
>>
>> BTW, my dad needs the America's choice plans. We only need about 800
>> minutes.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>> -Danny
>>

> When your dad's contract ends, he goes into month to month mode. He can
> just
> wait till you are ready and then change (get a new ac fam shr w 800
> minutes,
> with the same numbers, and add two more lines).

So after his contract is over, he will be able to continue to use his
cellphones and be able to cancel anytime he wants? Would he still be
charged the same ammount of money?

When he opens his new plan, how would he go about keeping his phone numbers?
I want to keep my numbers from T-mobile also. It doesn't cost any extra
money to do this right? Do have to wait till my T-mobile contract ends to
change to Verizon(keeping my current number) to avoid being charged a early
termination fee?

BTW, he wants to get new phones. He and my mom want the free phones, but me
and my sister will be getting some other phones. I'm not quite clear on how
you keep my T-mobile number and switch to Verizon.

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Danny wrote:
>> Right now my dad's Verizon Wireless 2yr contract is about to end. He
>> has the America's Choice Family Share plan. There are only 2 lines
>> on the plan with 400 minutes. He wants to stay with Verizon Wireless
>> and keep the same phone numbers. It is free to do so in California,
>> I think.
>
> You (your dad and the other line) will/can retain their phone numbers
> as long as you maintain service with VZW. What is new is that you
> can even take those numbers with you if you switch to another cell phone
> service provider.

*****How would I go about moving my T-mobile numbers to Verizon wireless?
I've never done it before, so I don't really know how. Do you have to wait
for the contract to end or wait till the last month of your contract? Also,
my dad wants to have new phones when he has the new plan, but he wants to
keep his number.

>> Anyways, I'm using T-Mobile right now and my contract ends
>> in 3 months. Can we open another America's Choice Family plan and
>> keep the same numbers for both lines and then upgrade the plan later
>> on so we have more minutes and add 2 more lines?
>
> Yes. Your dad would simply add your line to his existing family plan
> and increase the shared minutes (on the primary line). I think there
> may be a limit of 4 lines in addition to the primary line for a total of
> 5 but I'm not sure that you can't go more.

*****Yeah, we want 4 lines total. We only need 800 minutes on the America's
choice plan. How about getting new phones for my mom and dad? Their phones
are falling apart, they want new phones, but the same numbers. They want
the freephones.

> Note: If you want you can retain the number you have now with T-mobile.
> (I'm assuming that your T-mobile account is billed to an address in the
> same
> area as your dad's.)

*****How would I go about moving my number to Verizon? Do I wait for my
contract to end or wait for the last month of the contract?

Danny wrote:
> *****How would I go about moving my T-mobile numbers to Verizon wireless?
> I've never done it before, so I don't really know how. Do you have to wait
> for the contract to end or wait till the last month of your contract? Also,
> my dad wants to have new phones when he has the new plan, but he wants to
> keep his number.

You'd go to a T-Mobile corporate store or dealer and tell them that you want to
port the number. You don't have to wait for the end of the contract, but if you
don't you will get hit with an Early Termination Fee because porting your
number from carrier A to carrier B automatically terminates your service in
carrier A's system. At least that's the way I understand they all do it, and I
can confirm that Verizon does it, because I just ported out from Verizon last
Friday.

Generally, you port to a new line of service, but you should also be able to
port to an existing line - I got my Sprint phone in June but my contract didn't
end until last Tuesday so I used a temporary Sprint number until my contract
ended, and then ported over. *Technically*, your line already is activated with
the new carrier by the time the porting process is initiated - it has to be,
otherwise the port won't work! - so any intelligent carrier should allow you to
port to an existing line if you want to. Sprint officially does, and I can't
imagine that Verizon, T-Mobile or any other carrier would have a problem doing
the same.

But generally what happens is that you will initiate service and port your
number over to the new phone.

> "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Danny wrote:
> >> Right now my dad's Verizon Wireless 2yr contract is about to end. He
> >> has the America's Choice Family Share plan. There are only 2 lines
> >> on the plan with 400 minutes. He wants to stay with Verizon Wireless
> >> and keep the same phone numbers. It is free to do so in California,
> >> I think.
> >
> > You (your dad and the other line) will/can retain their phone numbers
> > as long as you maintain service with VZW. What is new is that you
> > can even take those numbers with you if you switch to another cell phone
> > service provider.
> >

> *****How would I go about moving my T-mobile numbers to Verizon wireless?
> I've never done it before, so I don't really know how. Do you have to
wait
> for the contract to end or wait till the last month of your contract?
Also,
> my dad wants to have new phones when he has the new plan, but he wants to
> keep his number.
>
> >> Anyways, I'm using T-Mobile right now and my contract ends
> >> in 3 months. Can we open another America's Choice Family plan and
> >> keep the same numbers for both lines and then upgrade the plan later
> >> on so we have more minutes and add 2 more lines?
> >
> > Yes. Your dad would simply add your line to his existing family plan
> > and increase the shared minutes (on the primary line). I think there
> > may be a limit of 4 lines in addition to the primary line for a total of
> > 5 but I'm not sure that you can't go more.
>
> *****Yeah, we want 4 lines total. We only need 800 minutes on the
America's
> choice plan. How about getting new phones for my mom and dad? Their
phones
> are falling apart, they want new phones, but the same numbers. They want
> the freephones.
> >
> > Note: If you want you can retain the number you have now with T-mobile.
> > (I'm assuming that your T-mobile account is billed to an address in the
> > same
> > area as your dad's.)
> >
> *****How would I go about moving my number to Verizon? Do I wait for my
> contract to end or wait for the last month of the contract?
> > -Quick
> >

> >> BTW, my dad needs the America's choice plans. We only need about 800
> >> minutes.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance for your help.
> >>
> >> -Danny

I would say, have your dad renew his contract (same numbers, and get new
phones, buy one get one free promo phones on shared plans is perfect for
that), then when your contract is up at t-mobile and you are past the
ETF/end of contract time at T-mobile, and are on Month 2 month, at the same
time but before you port your number over, have you dad add two more family
share lines (he can also do the buy one get one free so you have (2 before
and 2 now) 4 new phones, change the shared minutes to 800, and then port
your t-mobile # to one of the new lines at verizon. He will have to do a
contract extension to get two more free phones when he adds two more lines,
but he would have to do that for the in-network promo anyway. With any luck,
they are currently doing a freebie where all shared lines can call each
other, *AND* all lines can call other verizon customers as in-network too
(used to be an extra $10 per line) You/he may be able to glom on to that.
Ummm you do still talk to your dad don't you? :)

If you do it carefully and in the right order, everyone can get what they
want (including new phones), and no ETF's

In article <cgmer4$na9$1@ratbert.glorb.com>,
Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:
>Danny wrote:
>> *****How would I go about moving my T-mobile numbers to Verizon wireless?
>You'd go to a T-Mobile corporate store or dealer and tell them that you want to
>port the number.

I thought that you would go to the VZW store to initiate the port process
from T-Mobile. You have to be careful to NOT cancel service on the old
provider (T-Mobile, in this case) before you go to VZW to do the port;
that will happen automatically by the port process, which is driven by
the new provider (VZW, in this case).

CharlesH wrote:
> In article <cgmer4$na9$1@ratbert.glorb.com>,
> Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:
>
>>Danny wrote:
>>
>>>*****How would I go about moving my T-mobile numbers to Verizon wireless?
>>
>>You'd go to a T-Mobile corporate store or dealer and tell them that you want to
>>port the number.
>

> I thought that you would go to the VZW store to initiate the port process
> from T-Mobile.

Whhops, if you're porting from T-Mobile to Verizon you have Verizon send the
request in. Sorry.

I'm going to try to get a blog entry up with some useful information about
porting, this weekend.

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Danny wrote:
>> *****How would I go about moving my T-mobile numbers to Verizon wireless?
>> I've never done it before, so I don't really know how. Do you have to
>> wait for the contract to end or wait till the last month of your
>> contract? Also, my dad wants to have new phones when he has the new
>> plan, but he wants to keep his number.
>
> You'd go to a T-Mobile corporate store or dealer and tell them that you
> want to port the number. You don't have to wait for the end of the
> contract, but if you don't you will get hit with an Early Termination Fee
> because porting your number from carrier A to carrier B automatically
> terminates your service in carrier A's system. At least that's the way I
> understand they all do it, and I can confirm that Verizon does it, because
> I just ported out from Verizon last Friday.

Well, the store we do all our cell-phone stuff at carries every carrier. We
don't want to pay no early termination fees. Thans for the help.

> Generally, you port to a new line of service, but you should also be able
> to port to an existing line - I got my Sprint phone in June but my
> contract didn't end until last Tuesday so I used a temporary Sprint number
> until my contract ended, and then ported over. *Technically*, your line
> already is activated with the new carrier by the time the porting process
> is initiated - it has to be, otherwise the port won't work! - so any
> intelligent carrier should allow you to port to an existing line if you
> want to. Sprint officially does, and I can't imagine that Verizon,
> T-Mobile or any other carrier would have a problem doing the same.
>
> But generally what happens is that you will initiate service and port your
> number over to the new phone.
>

> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
> sjsobol@JustThe.net
> PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
> Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"CharlesH" <hoch@exemplary.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <cgmer4$na9$1@ratbert.glorb.com>,
> Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:
>>Danny wrote:
>>> *****How would I go about moving my T-mobile numbers to Verizon
>>> wireless?
>>You'd go to a T-Mobile corporate store or dealer and tell them that you
>>want to
>>port the number.
>
> I thought that you would go to the VZW store to initiate the port process
> from T-Mobile. You have to be careful to NOT cancel service on the old
> provider (T-Mobile, in this case) before you go to VZW to do the port;
> that will happen automatically by the port process, which is driven by
> the new provider (VZW, in this case).

^^^^^^I can go to the store me and my dad got our cellphones at right? The
store we go to carries all the major carriers.

> [...]
> family
> share lines (he can also do the buy one get one free so you have (2 before
> and 2 now) 4 new phones, change the shared minutes to 800, and then port
> your t-mobile # to one of the new lines at verizon. He will have to do a
> contract extension to get two more free phones when he adds two more
> lines,
> but he would have to do that for the in-network promo anyway. With any
> luck,
> they are currently doing a freebie where all shared lines can call each
> other, *AND* all lines can call other verizon customers as in-network too
> (used to be an extra $10 per line) You/he may be able to glom on to that.
> Ummm you do still talk to your dad don't you? :)
>
> If you do it carefully and in the right order, everyone can get what they
> want (including new phones), and no ETF's

*****^^^^He would be able to go the the cellphone store that he orginally
used to open his Verizonwireless account right? So I wouldn't be able to
port my number over and add 2 lines and up the shared minutes at the same
time? I would have to do it before porting my number? A contract extension
is fine, we don't mind that at all. Yeah, we do want IN-Calling and night
and weekend minutes. And of course I still talk to my dad. :) I'm still in
highschool so I'm still living with him. I take care of all the stuff
though, since he doesn't understand English very well.

^Oops, I forgot to put reply to group instead of reply to sender at first.

Danny wrote:
> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Danny" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> *****How would I go about moving my T-mobile numbers to Verizon
>>> wireless? I've never done it before, so I don't really know how.
>>> Do you have to wait for the contract to end or wait till the last
>>> month of your contract? Also, my dad wants to have new phones when
>>> he has the new plan, but he wants to keep his number.

>>> *****Yeah, we want 4 lines total. We only need 800 minutes on the
>>> America's choice plan. How about getting new phones for my mom and
>>> dad? Their phones are falling apart, they want new phones, but the
>>> same numbers. They want the freephones.

>>> *****How would I go about moving my number to Verizon? Do I wait
>>> for my contract to end or wait for the last month of the contract?

>> I would say, have your dad renew his contract (same numbers, and get
>> new phones, buy one get one free promo phones on shared plans is
>> perfect for that), then when your contract is up at t-mobile and you
>> are past the ETF/end of contract time at T-mobile, and are on Month
>> 2 month, at the same
>> time but before you port your number over, have you dad add two more
>> family
>> share lines (he can also do the buy one get one free so you have (2
>> before and 2 now) 4 new phones, change the shared minutes to 800,
>> and then port your t-mobile # to one of the new lines at verizon. He
>> will have to do a contract extension to get two more free phones
>> when he adds two more lines,
>> but he would have to do that for the in-network promo anyway. With
>> any luck,
>> they are currently doing a freebie where all shared lines can call
>> each other, *AND* all lines can call other verizon customers as
>> in-network too (used to be an extra $10 per line) You/he may be able
>> to glom on to that. Ummm you do still talk to your dad don't you? :)
>>
>> If you do it carefully and in the right order, everyone can get what
>> they want (including new phones), and no ETF's
>
> *****^^^^He would be able to go the the cellphone store that he
> orginally used to open his Verizonwireless account right? So I
> wouldn't be able to port my number over and add 2 lines and up the
> shared minutes at the same time? I would have to do it before
> porting my number? A contract extension is fine, we don't mind that
> at all. Yeah, we do want IN-Calling and night and weekend minutes.
> And of course I still talk to my dad. :) I'm still in highschool so
> I'm still living with him. I take care of all the stuff though,
> since he doesn't understand English very well.
>
> ^Oops, I forgot to put reply to group instead of reply to sender at
> first.

You should be able to do everything you want to do in a single visit
since you have said your store handles both Verizon Wireless and
T-Mobile.

1) Wait until your T-mobile contract expires.
2) Tell the store you want to port your number to VZW
3) Add your line to your Dad's family share with your ported number
4) You will need a new phone since T-Mobile phones won't work on
the VZW network. You will be eligible for discount pricing.
5) If your Dad has had his VZW phone for 1 year or more he will
be eligible for discount pricing on a new phone.
5a) If your Dad has had his phone for 22 months, and was under
a 2 year contract he will be eligible for an additional $100 towards
a new phone ("New Any Two") IF he signs up for another 2 year
contract. *** Is this available at reseller's?***
6) If your Mom has had her phone for 11 months or more she will
be eligible for discount pricing on a new phone.

I'm assuming your Dad has the primary line on the family share plan.
His plan (primary line on a family share plan) is more than $39.95 which
is one of the conditions for the New Any Two incentive.
Your Mom's plan is a secondary line on a family share plan and is a
$20 plan which does not qualify for the New Any Two incentive.
Note: the New Any Two incentive is completely separate and in addition
to any discount pricing on phones.

If your Dad (or Mom, or you) get a discount price on a phone it doesn't
mean that you have to use it. I don't think this will make a difference in
your case since everybody will be eligible for discount pricing. In my case
we're all on a family share plan. My daughter needed a new phone but
wasn't eligible for the subsidized price yet. My wife was. We bought
a subsidized phone on my wife's plan (required a 1 year plan extension
for her) and activated it on my daughter's line.

Hopefully you deal with a good store and won't *have* to know any of
this.

-Quick

> > I would say, have your dad renew his contract (same numbers, and get new
> > phones, buy one get one free promo phones on shared plans is perfect for
> > that), then when your contract is up at t-mobile and you are past the
> > ETF/end of contract time at T-mobile, and are on Month 2 month, at the
> > same
> > time but before you port your number over, have you dad add two more
> > family
> > share lines (he can also do the buy one get one free so you have (2
before
> > and 2 now) 4 new phones, change the shared minutes to 800, and then port
> > your t-mobile # to one of the new lines at verizon. He will have to do a
> > contract extension to get two more free phones when he adds two more
> > lines,
> > but he would have to do that for the in-network promo anyway. With any
> > luck,
> > they are currently doing a freebie where all shared lines can call each
> > other, *AND* all lines can call other verizon customers as in-network
too
> > (used to be an extra $10 per line) You/he may be able to glom on to
that.
> > Ummm you do still talk to your dad don't you? :)
> >
> > If you do it carefully and in the right order, everyone can get what
they
> > want (including new phones), and no ETF's
>
> *****^^^^He would be able to go the the cellphone store that he orginally
> used to open his Verizonwireless account right? So I wouldn't be able to
> port my number over and add 2 lines and up the shared minutes at the same
> time? I would have to do it before porting my number? A contract
extension
> is fine, we don't mind that at all. Yeah, we do want IN-Calling and night
> and weekend minutes. And of course I still talk to my dad. :) I'm still
in
> highschool so I'm still living with him. I take care of all the stuff
> though, since he doesn't understand English very well.
>
> ^Oops, I forgot to put reply to group instead of reply to sender at first.

The idea is for him to do his renewal upgrade now, and you wait a few months
until your contract with t-mobile is up, and no longer subject to the ETF,
then add more lines and minutes to your dads account (and get two more
phones), then port YOUR number over from t-mobile to one of the 4 shared
lines on your dads account. (as stated elsewhere, the porting process is
initiated by verizon, but don't do it until your contract at t-mobile is up
or they will zap you with an ETF).

Here's the scenario...
A) He would go to Verizon now, renew the contract and get two phones
B) in a few months, when your t-mobile contract is up, he would again go to
verizon and get 2 more lines added to the two he already has, get two more
phones, increase to 800 minutes, and start the port of your now
contract-over tmobile number

An addendum to 2), normal shared service allows unlimited in-network to
other shared lines, but not to any verizon customer from the shared phones.
They used to (and your verizon dealer may still ) charge $10 for each line
to also allow in-network to anyone other verizon customer other than those
on the other shared lines. They have a deal on now where a shared line
person can use in-network to call any verizon customer (even other customers
on the same shared plan).. That will end up saving you $30 a month

that will be two separate trips/changes/whatever you call it. It can be done
by going to the verizon store you first went to (actually it can be done at
almost any verizon store, or by calling *611, and they ship the phones to
you), but if you know where the place is, may as well go there. Absolutely
no difference in cost.

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 02:53:55 GMT, "Danny" <someone@microsoft.com> chose to
add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

>"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Danny" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Right now my dad's Verizon Wireless 2yr contract is about to end. He has
>>> the America's Choice Family Share plan. There are only 2 lines on the
>> plan
>>> with 400 minutes. He wants to stay with Verizon Wireless and keep the
>> same
>>> phone numbers. It is free to do so in California, I think. Anyways, I'm
>>> using T-Mobile right now and my contract ends in 3 months. Can we open
>>> another America's Choice Family plan and keep the same numbers for both
>>> lines and then upgrade the plan later on so we have more minutes and add
>>> 2
>>> more lines?
>>
>> When your dad's contract ends, he goes into month to month mode. He can
>> just
>> wait till you are ready and then change (get a new ac fam shr w 800
>> minutes,
>> with the same numbers, and add two more lines).
>
>So after his contract is over, he will be able to continue to use his
>cellphones and be able to cancel anytime he wants? Would he still be
>charged the same ammount of money?
>
>When he opens his new plan, how would he go about keeping his phone numbers?
>I want to keep my numbers from T-mobile also. It doesn't cost any extra
>money to do this right? Do have to wait till my T-mobile contract ends to
>change to Verizon(keeping my current number) to avoid being charged a early
>termination fee?
>
>BTW, he wants to get new phones. He and my mom want the free phones, but me
>and my sister will be getting some other phones. I'm not quite clear on how
>you keep my T-mobile number and switch to Verizon.

Yes, he will continue to have the same service with the same numbers when
his contract expires. The only possible price change is if he has a promo,
such as free unlimited nights and weekends, that has an expiration date,
they might start charging him an extra fee for it, but if he's had the
contract this long, he probably has that "for life" (but he will lose the
"for life" status, if he has it, when he signs the new contract).

No special action is required to keep his phone numbers when he gets a new
contract and new phones; thousands of people do it every day. The store
will put the electronic serial numbers of the new phones into the computer
and program the phones themselves with his phone numbers and that will be
that.

The same thing will happen when you change your T-Mobile service to
Verizon, except that it won't be instant. Verizon will send T-Mo a notice
that you are porting your numbers over to them, and T-Mo will deactivate
your account (and if they are like most other companies, they will charge
you the full early termination fee specified in your contract if this
happens even one day before the contract expires). This should take no more
than a few hours, but it might be a day or two.

Your dad's options are: A: let the contract expire and go month to month
until your T-Mo contract expires, then do everything at once; or B: get his
new phones now and add you on later (which will result in your phones and
his having different contract end dates, unless he signs *another* new
contract for his when he adds you). Myself, I would go with A; if they do
charge him extra for the n/w, he can call and cancel the n/w (since it
sounds like he probably doesn't use it enough that he would go over his
minutes anyway) and they will give him at least a partial credit for it.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"When the Basic Time corresponds to the pre-set Alarm Time, the alarm is
generated. The alarm tune will automatically cease after 1 minute working.
If you have a depress on "SNOOZE" while it is alarmed, the loud will stop
immediately and loud for another 8 minutes after having this "SNOOZE" 8
minutes and so on.... However, alarm will not effect if it has lasted for
fully 8 minute unless the second correspondence that is to say after 24
hours." - instructions for a travel alarm clock made in China

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks. I'll wait till my T-mobile contract is over and then just port my
numbers over, up the shared minutes, add 2 lines, and sign a new verizon
contract.
"Danny" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Right now my dad's Verizon Wireless 2yr contract is about to end. He has
> the America's Choice Family Share plan. There are only 2 lines on the
> plan with 400 minutes. He wants to stay with Verizon Wireless and keep
> the same phone numbers. It is free to do so in California, I think.
> Anyways, I'm using T-Mobile right now and my contract ends in 3 months.
> Can we open another America's Choice Family plan and keep the same numbers
> for both lines and then upgrade the plan later on so we have more minutes
> and add 2 more lines?
>
> BTW, my dad needs the America's choice plans. We only need about 800
> minutes.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> -Danny

Cool.. just make sure you have the right direction for porting.. A lot of
people go to the wrong carrier for porting... You have to go to Verizon and
have them *get* the number from t-mobile.
Good luck.

>*****How do I avoid being charged my regular monthly charges from T-mobile
>after my contract ends when I port my number over.

When you go to verizon and add a line and port your number over, part of the
port, since the number is no longer with t-mobile, is cancelling your
t-mobile contract. That's why it is suggested to wait a day or two until
after your contract at t-mobile ends, so there is no possibility of getting
zapped an ETF by t-mobile (if there is any possibility of them doing
something a minute quicker and making you pay the ETF, they will! Better to
make it a day later and there is no possibility of them screwing you).