umala

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2003
Hi!

In IDE cable, you have clear "Master" and "Slave" connector and as such, when using one cable, there is an boot order should two hard disk all have OS.
But in case I use all SATA hard disk and as the SATA cable is for one hard disk only, I wonder if there is an boot order based on SATA connector number in motherboard should both hard disk have OS.In that case "Master" will be like SATA1 connector.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
SATA1 is default if you choose the onboard SATA controller as the first boot device, but most BIOS these days allows you to pick any detected drive as the boot drive, even IDE Secondary Slave!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It should work as long as you set the new position as the boot drive in BIOS, but I wouldn't try it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>