Sign in with
Your question

PC game you're looking forward to most?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 23, 2010 6:52:25 PM

With some many potentially good games releasing in the near future (next year or so), what are you most looking forward to? I mean there's Portal 2, D3, Crysis 2, DC Online, FO NV, WoW expansion, there is something for everyone.

I'm personally looking forward to Portal 2, D3 and Fallout New Vegas. Should round out my collection and keep me content in combo with BFBC2 and SC2.

If I had to pick only 1 though it would be D3 with FO falling slightly behind.

More about : game forward

August 23, 2010 8:46:48 PM

D3 is definitely topping my list, if I can break away from SC2 long enough. Portal looks fun, cant wait to try the co-op, Fallout 3 didnt do much for me (relative to the first 2 installments) I will have to see how NV reviews, hopefully it goes back to its roots (it'll never happen /cry).
August 24, 2010 9:37:00 PM

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Mechwarrior 5
The Elder Scrolls 5
Doom 4
Related resources
August 25, 2010 12:22:17 AM

Diablo 3 and crysis 2 atm.

Elder scrolls 5, but I cant even find proof its in development...
August 25, 2010 7:34:42 AM

Fallout: New Vegas

That's actually the 1st game I will be buying this year.
August 25, 2010 12:57:40 PM

Mass Effect 3, by far
August 25, 2010 3:56:59 PM

Episode 3.
Fallout: NV
August 25, 2010 5:13:17 PM

Medal of honor
Assassin's creed: Brotherhood
H.A.W.X 2
Crysis 2
August 25, 2010 5:16:15 PM

torchlight 2
the old republic
shogun tw2
age of empires online
flight
deus ex human revolution
August 25, 2010 7:47:41 PM

In the short term, Civ5, Dragon Age 2, Rage, and Doom4. ME3 is probably a year or two away, but also on the list.

EDIT

Also, if ATI hasn't fixed their OpenGL drivers by the time Rage releases, I will never buy one of their products again.
August 25, 2010 8:37:02 PM

victordilorenzo said:
Diablo 3 and crysis 2 atm.

Elder scrolls 5, but I cant even find proof its in development...

Bethesda Softworks has been one of my favourite game companies since 1990s because they have been making great PC games, they have often released games without advertising or overhyping them years in advance and they appear to have some punctuality with their flagship game releases.

TES 1: Arena (1994)
TES 2: Daggerfall (1996)
TES 3: Morrowind (2002)
TES 4: Oblivion (2006)
TES 5: ? (2012?)

Knowing Bethesda, they will probably focus on TES 5 and Fallout 3 add-ons and after that on Fallout 4 and TES 5 add-ons. If they stick to the pattern they had with the earlier TES games, which is 2-6 years between the sequels, TES 5 would appear in 2012. They seem to cherish their newly acquired Fallout franchise quite a lot, which is probably the reason why TES 5 wasn't developed for 2010 (like their publishing executive once predicted).

I wish they could do a remake of their old Terminator: Future Shock or Terminator: Skynet some day. :p 
August 26, 2010 12:29:35 AM

BRINK, Fallout NV, Episode 3, Crysis 2, Colonial Marines :p 
August 26, 2010 12:32:32 PM

Quote:
Bethesda Softworks has been one of my favourite game companies since 1990s because they have been making great PC games, they have often released games without advertising or overhyping them years in advance and they appear to have some punctuality with their flagship game releases.

I can't even play Fallout 3; crashes at the "Walk to Daddy" sequence on three different [formatted] OS's [Win Xp, Vista 64, 7 64], with three different GPU's and two different sound cards. I will never buy a product created by Bethesda again after that fiasco. And Oblivion was only SLIGTLY more stable then that!
August 26, 2010 2:38:38 PM

gamerk316 said:
Quote:

I can't even play Fallout 3; crashes at the "Walk to Daddy" sequence on three different [formatted] OS's [Win Xp, Vista 64, 7 64], with three different GPU's and two different sound cards. I will never buy a product created by Bethesda again after that fiasco. And Oblivion was only SLIGTLY more stable then that!

I found Fallout 3 and Oblivion will soon find any instability in a system. Are you overclocking? Are your RAM timings too tight? Is your CPU getting enough voltage?

I can get a machine Prime stable for 12+ hours, and one of these games mentioned will find a weakness and crash the machine (Dead Space falls into this category too). It's easy (I know I've done it) to blame the game for instabilities, but in the majority of cases it's the PC that is not 100% stable. For whatever reason, many games will run fine on a <slightly> unstable PC, but Bethesda games will not :( 
August 26, 2010 5:21:40 PM

^^ All my setups were at stock, with formatted OS's (with only mandatory security updates). I can pass any bechmark test with ease; the system is essentially rock-solid stable.

And its ALWAYS the same exact spot where it crashes, meaning its a coding error.

Oh, I tried both the original release, and teh steam GOTY edition, with the same results.

So:
3 OS's (clean formats w/ security updates)
3 GPU's (using various drivers)
3 Sound cards (counting onboard)
2 Different RAM configurations
2 Differnet versions of the game
All clock settings stock

Sorry, the game should work; I'm old fashoned like that. I'm never buying from Bethesda again, and I swear, if they touch a single line of code, I'll even boycot Rage/Doom4.
August 27, 2010 5:06:18 AM

1. Half Life 2 Episode 3 (If it ever actually comes out).
2. Crysis 2.
3. Medal of Honor
August 27, 2010 5:55:48 AM

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam
Medal of Honor
Call of Duty Black Ops
World of Warcraft Cataclysm
Fallout New Vegas
August 27, 2010 2:30:18 PM

there are just so many
WoW Exp,
Diablo 3,
Test Drive :U2
Blaks Ops
Medal of Honor
Mass Effect 3
Crysis 2
August 28, 2010 10:31:21 AM

Crysis 2 , Mass effect 3 , Just cause 3! NFS
August 28, 2010 10:42:10 AM

Fallout New Vegas !!!!
Brink !!!!

Anonymous
August 28, 2010 1:58:15 PM

Diablo 3! Hopefully Q1 of 2011.
August 28, 2010 2:58:50 PM

Diablo 3
Portal 2
Half Life 2 Episode 3
Crysis 2
August 31, 2010 10:32:39 PM

Whatever Bethesda has up their sleeves after Fallout: New Vegas. I thought it was great when Oblivion came out with little advance notice. And when it did, it had all the bells and whistles, including Speed Tree, great facial animation, and the ability to pick up and manipulate items in the environment. All of that was pretty cutting edge at the time, and came out of nowhere when the game was annouced only shortly before its release.

Then I can't wait for whatever Valve puts out in the Half-Life series.
August 31, 2010 10:48:55 PM

Definitely Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood! AC2 was surprisingly good, since I couldn't even get through the first one.

Also, I've enjoyed a few of the Spidey games, so the new Shattered Dimensions game is one that I am looking forward to... but my expectations aren't too high!
!