DI-624 & Firmware 2.50

Has anyone experienced the same?...

Just upgraded to the latest firmware (2.50) for my rev.C DI-624 and I
just cant handle how slow has become the internet. After trying to
change some settings, I had to go back to the previous firmware
(2.42). For now I'll stick to the old firmware because 2.50 seems to
be buggy as hell.

Thanks for letting me know i'm not the only one.

Marc

I upgraded the firmware to v2.50 a few weeks ago and did not
experience any slowdowns. I did experience numerous router reboots.
Like you, I went back to v2.42.

On 26 Oct 2004 22:39:16 -0700, powerland@gmail.com (Marc Chabot)
wrote:

>Has anyone experienced the same?...
>
>Just upgraded to the latest firmware (2.50) for my rev.C DI-624 and I
>just cant handle how slow has become the internet. After trying to
>change some settings, I had to go back to the previous firmware
>(2.42). For now I'll stick to the old firmware because 2.50 seems to
>be buggy as hell.
>
>Thanks for letting me know i'm not the only one.
>
>Marc

Just Me, D

louis

I had the same issue, was taking 120x longer to load pages on the web,
and some apges were timing out.. had to reload firmware .42

still looking for a way to upgrade my firmware, because with the old
firmware, my 2.4ghz wireless phone causes problems with the wireless
network.

Louis

powerland@gmail.com (Marc Chabot) wrote in message news:<911bf261.0410262139.6f44b6f4@posting.google.com>...
> Has anyone experienced the same?...
>
> Just upgraded to the latest firmware (2.50) for my rev.C DI-624 and I
> just cant handle how slow has become the internet. After trying to
> change some settings, I had to go back to the previous firmware
> (2.42). For now I'll stick to the old firmware because 2.50 seems to
> be buggy as hell.
>
> Thanks for letting me know i'm not the only one.
>
> Marc

When version 2.5 initially becmae available, I upgraded my DI-624 rev
C with it. The firmware appeared very buggy so I downgraded back to
version 2.42. Yesterday, I decided to try the 2.50 again. The reason
being is that my Netgear WG511T notebook card now supports XR so I
wanted to see how well they communicated together with XR enabled. So
far, it is great. I see no degradation in speed, no reboots and no
quirks in my system. We'll see if it continues to perform smoothly.

On 6 Nov 2004 08:53:59 -0800, louis.gagnon@polymtl.ca (Louis) wrote:

>I had the same issue, was taking 120x longer to load pages on the web,
>and some apges were timing out.. had to reload firmware .42
>
>still looking for a way to upgrade my firmware, because with the old
>firmware, my 2.4ghz wireless phone causes problems with the wireless
>network.
>
>Louis
>
>powerland@gmail.com (Marc Chabot) wrote in message news:<911bf261.0410262139.6f44b6f4@posting.google.com>...
>> Has anyone experienced the same?...
>>
>> Just upgraded to the latest firmware (2.50) for my rev.C DI-624 and I
>> just cant handle how slow has become the internet. After trying to
>> change some settings, I had to go back to the previous firmware
>> (2.42). For now I'll stick to the old firmware because 2.50 seems to
>> be buggy as hell.
>>
>> Thanks for letting me know i'm not the only one.
>>
>> Marc

Just Me, D

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

I have the identical problem with a DI-624 revision C3. It came with
2.42 factory loaded, and when loading ANY other firmware, I have
significant internet slowdowns. LAN traffic goes at normal speed.
Anyone find a fix?

wrote:

>Has anyone experienced the same?...
>
>Just upgraded to the latest firmware (2.50) for my rev.C DI-624 and I
>just cant handle how slow has become the internet. After trying to
>change some settings, I had to go back to the previous firmware
>(2.42). For now I'll stick to the old firmware because 2.50 seems to
>be buggy as hell.
>
>Thanks for letting me know i'm not the only one.
>
>Marc

My initial upgrade to firmware 2.50 produced not-so-great results so I
downgraded back to version 2.42. A couple of weeks later, I again
upgraded to version 2.50 and everything is running smoothly. I have no
degradation in speed whatsoever. I've yet to experience any minor
quirks with the exception of getting the DI-624 to automatically update
the time via NNTP servers. Then again, it may be because I am currently
using the DI-624 as an AP only.

Simon wrote:
> I have the identical problem with a DI-624 revision C3. It came with
> 2.42 factory loaded, and when loading ANY other firmware, I have
> significant internet slowdowns. LAN traffic goes at normal speed.
> Anyone find a fix?
>
> On 26 Oct 2004 22:39:16 -0700, powerland@gmail.com (Marc Chabot)
> wrote:
>

>>Has anyone experienced the same?...
>>
>>Just upgraded to the latest firmware (2.50) for my rev.C DI-624 and I
>>just cant handle how slow has become the internet. After trying to
>>change some settings, I had to go back to the previous firmware
>>(2.42). For now I'll stick to the old firmware because 2.50 seems to
>>be buggy as hell.
>>
>>Thanks for letting me know i'm not the only one.
>>
>>Marc

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Update - Funny enough, my old cablemodem failed on my coincidentally
while I was experiencing these problems. The modem was a Motorola
Cybersurfer which appears to be a 'CLDP' modem. Needless to say, my
provider is swapping those out (since it's very old, and I've had it
since around 1998) They replaced it with a new Motorola Surfboard
DOCSIS 2.0 modem. With the new modem, I then thought to upgrade the
firmware to 2.50 on a whim...Turns out it worked! So it appears the
Dlink doesn't like specific modems, and my old one looks like one of
them. Bear in mind I played with all the modem specific settings (ie.
WAN speed, which is pretty much the only setting I think there is?)
In any case, hope this helps any other users, as I was at my wits end
on it.

Cheers
Simon