Sign in with
Your question

What is the best action game u played???

Last response: in Video Games
August 23, 2010 9:57:15 PM

hey all i just wanna ask a simple question about the best action game u have played cuz i wanna play some action games and plz don't suggest to me either call of duty modren warfare 2 or battlefield bad company 2 i want sth better some thats out of the ordinary :p 
plz can u help me??

More about : action game played

August 23, 2010 10:54:09 PM

i dont really know what you mean by action, but my favorite game is madden.

Bought it every year since 96
August 24, 2010 1:05:47 AM

madden? its not even action.
Mafia and Mafia 2 are my top picks
Related resources
August 24, 2010 10:43:28 AM

madden ???!!!!! thats not my faouvrite game :p  !
and what i mean by action : is shooting/tactical/adventure sth like that can u help me??
and crazy359 i'll try mafia what other games u have for me?
August 24, 2010 10:48:05 AM

crazy359 said:
madden? its not even action.
Mafia and Mafia 2 are my top picks

How much of that have you played?
August 24, 2010 11:52:53 AM

Thinking back, the game i got most enjoyment / time out of was Counter Strike 1.6. But as a kid i loved the Rainbox Six series and the first Metal Gear Solid.
August 24, 2010 6:20:05 PM

Half Life.
August 24, 2010 6:42:55 PM

My best action game was resident evil 4 ...different people different choices.
August 25, 2010 12:49:15 AM

Mafia is really old but it has a good story. Mafia 2 came out today lol. its SOOO SICK!
August 25, 2010 9:46:44 AM

crazy359 said:
Mafia is really old but it has a good story. Mafia 2 came out today lol. its SOOO SICK!

And yet two days ago you said it was the best game that you've already played! :pfff: 
August 25, 2010 12:56:31 PM

Crysis, Counter-strike source, team fortress, mass effect (especially 2nd one), far cry 2
August 25, 2010 8:48:59 PM

yanal playa95 said:

and what i mean by action : is shooting/tactical/adventure sth like that can u help me??

Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth :sol: 

That game is shooting, action, adventure, survival, horror, stealth, tactical and private detective story in one package! You'll get to ride a car, ride a battleship with its crew fighting a super huge scary sea monster, raid a place with FBI agents, raid a cavern with army soldiers, raid a house with police officers, run away without any weapon and completely alone from nasty fishmen in a hostile town, ride a car to escape a place, adventure alone in traditional first-person shooter style and visit a mental asylum in your delusions.

The graphics are starting to show their age, though. The game was released 4-5 years ago.
August 25, 2010 8:54:57 PM

the half life series is amazing
August 25, 2010 8:56:41 PM

Not forgetting portal, that is soooooo good and original
August 27, 2010 5:16:25 AM

Half Life 2 tops everything because it's so frikking immersive and it tells an incredible story.
Crysis comes close behind that, because it succeeds on every level as well.
Both incredible, fantastic games that I come back to to play.
August 27, 2010 7:41:37 AM

I'd say Fallout 3 is a good game, lots of things to do, and there are add-ons, depending on your playing style it can last you a long time :)  just my thoughts on it though.
August 27, 2010 12:12:09 PM

my vote is for the Half-Life series.
August 27, 2010 6:58:12 PM

alright thx guys ur suggestions seem impressive though i have tried most of the games u mentioned...... do u have other suggestions for me ???
August 27, 2010 7:00:19 PM

Morton said:
Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth :sol: 

That game is shooting, action, adventure, survival, horror, stealth, tactical and private detective story in one package! You'll get to ride a car, ride a battleship with its crew fighting a super huge scary sea monster, raid a place with FBI agents, raid a cavern with army soldiers, raid a house with police officers, run away without any weapon and completely alone from nasty fishmen in a hostile town, ride a car to escape a place, adventure alone in traditional first-person shooter style and visit a mental asylum in your delusions.

The graphics are starting to show their age, though. The game was released 4-5 years ago.

wow it seem like a good game tell me more about it plz
August 27, 2010 7:02:38 PM

rocky41 said:
My best action game was resident evil 4 ...different people different choices.

ok thx man and its nice to hear from u again buudy :) 
August 28, 2010 11:14:39 PM

yanal playa95 said:
wow it seem like a good game tell me more about it plz

There is a youtube video which shows the intro and the prologue parts of the game (here).

You play a private detective who starts to investigate a case. The game plays like a first-person shooter game but it is also a horror adventure game with two or three levels where you walk around unarmed, one or two levels in which you ride a car and three or four levels where you participate in an assault with some allies, such as police, FBI agents, soldiers or sailors. There is even one level where you get to shoot a battleship cannon somewhat like in Battlefield 1942.

There are some very unique features in the game. You can get shot in the leg or arm or you can break a leg or arm and start limping. You can heal the injury by applying a medi-kit but it takes some seconds and can be dangerous in the middle of a fight. Another unique feature is that your character starts to become insane whenever he sees scary stuff. You can prevent sanity loss if you walk past the scary stuff without looking at it. When you loose sanity, you get blurry vision, your character starts talking to himself and shaking. The character can go completely insane with a massive sanity loss if you really push him over the limit by keeping viewing a scary scene and running around it to observe it from every angle. You can see in this video what happens if you really push your character over the limit.

August 29, 2010 8:17:51 PM

cooooool it seem like a hell of a game :D .... and thnx mate i apprerciate ur help
September 3, 2010 10:39:51 PM

Actually, if you haven't already and have a decent rig I'd recommend trying out Bioshock. That game really got me by the balls and made me play it from start to finish within in a few days. I rarely, rarely ever play a game without taking a few breaks in between.
There's also PREY, a very good shooter that is extremely cheap now.
Mirror's Edge and Just Cause 2 are pretty damn good as well.
Also, as someone else mentioned Resident Evil 4 was hella good too. (I played on Wii, worked suprisingly nice with the wiimote) My buddy also had it on PC and it was good to play on as well.
Bad Company 2 is an amazing multiplayer game if you are digging that genre
You could also go Oldddd School and play Deus Ex/Invisible War until the 3rd installment comes out next year. Some people covet that game as the BEST fps game ever made.
September 4, 2010 9:44:25 AM

My best was Half Life 2, after that the episodes. It's got great graphics, and an amazing storyline which keeps you going!

On the horror/ thriller side: Dead Space!!!! Man, that one had me grabbed by the ba**s! (mommyyyyy)

The Call of Duty series: Modern Warfare 1 and 2: Best war action games! Though, I really liked Medal of Honour Vanguard.

Try Far Cry 2: It's a huuuuge world with loads of stuff to blow and you won't get bored trying different stuff/ missions.

Bioshock 1 & 2: Good thriller and good graphics.

Left 4 Dead 2: Endless hours of online multiplayer

Try these, and we'll talk next year! ;) 
September 4, 2010 1:23:36 PM

I would also go with The Orange box - all of Valve's stuff :) 
Left 4 dead -- no real story - if you love shooting things, have a go :D 

F.E.A.R - there's been four games in that series - by Sierra - It's quite a good game :)  Stayed the same though

Bioshock is recommended! I haven't played the second, but yeah.. :o  :~ wow to the first.

Then.. For adventure.. you into Star Wars ? Knights of The Old Republic was great.. there's supposedly a new one coming soon :) 

or there's Oblivion!! :D  Really great RPG - as well as Titan Quest -

Or the GTA series! :D 
September 4, 2010 9:58:48 PM

*Tears rolling down face*

So great to see that PC gamers have such good taste. I hear some console gamers and their "amazing games", just makes me want to punch them in the head and say "really?". I mean, c'mon.....I can only take someone talking about the NEW MADDEN!!!!!! for so long......

Granted there are a hell of a lot of awesome console games, but I think they are more so few and far in-between compared to the caliber of quality PC games.

Also, if you're looking for an action/arcade racer...Split Second on PC just looks fantastic and is fun to play.
September 5, 2010 12:14:18 AM

If you are a fan of (survival) horror, Undying and Jericho could be interesting too. Undying is really old but Jericho still looks nice.
October 11, 2011 12:50:33 AM

Crysis / Crysis Warhead
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat (I believe these might be on sale right now on STEAM)
Metro 2033
F.E.A.R. and F.E.A.R. 2
FarCry 2

October 11, 2011 2:54:44 AM

yanal playa95 said:
hey all i just wanna ask a simple question about the best action game u have played cuz i wanna play some action games and plz don't suggest to me either call of duty modren warfare 2 or battlefield bad company 2 i want sth better some thats out of the ordinary :p 
plz can u help me??

one of the best games ive ever played is an RTS game, look up company of heroes, if u have steam, they often have sales for it. the original is 7 dollars now, the whole set with two expansions is about 34 dollars. if ur into RTS games at all u have to play this game, hands down set the bar for RTS games i dont even look at command and conquer games the same way, they used to be my favorite
June 19, 2012 11:08:42 AM

yanal playa95 said:
plz can u help me??

i present the list before you these are the games i liked-
prince of persia warrior within
prince of persia the two thrones
assassins creed 2
assassin creed revelations
assassin creed brotherhood
resident evil 5
dark sector
BEST ONE IS DEVIL MAY CRY 3 AND 4
TRY THEM U WILL SURELY LIKE IT..
THEY ALL NEED GRAPHIC CARD SO ITS BETTER THAT U HAVE IT..
IF U DONT THE JUST TRY PRINCE OF PERSIA THEY DO NOT NEED GRAPHIC CARD...
June 19, 2012 8:15:18 PM

WILY20 said:
i present the list before you these are the games i liked-

!