help in setting up my new pc system

katsuyu

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2005
amd64 3000+ (939 sockets)
K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI motherboard
Kingston PC-3200 512MB ram
Gigabyte GH-PCU31-VH 3D Cooler Ultra

ohh will be using my old graphics card coz i dun have so big budget but later am planning to buy a x800 pro.

do u guys think this system would be good? or did i missed anything?

*sorry for my bad english
thx

katsuyu

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2005
its 512 ram 1 stick .. i heard tat i will need 450w+ for this motherboard and am looking forward for a thermaltake tsunami casing

What graphics card do you have now? Is it a PCIe card?

What are you current system specs? <--this will help us gauge the type of performance increase you might see.

The stock AMD HSF is very good. If you're not going to OC, then you might want to consider getting the retail CPU and use the AMD HSF. How much is the Giga cooler? The reviews that I saw didn't show <A HREF="http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=618" target="_new">impressive temps</A>. Although this review gave good numbers, I don't think the 66C at full load is good. :/ If you want an aftermarket cooler than try something along the lines of a Zalman 7700, Thermalright XP-90 or Thermalright XP-120. All of those are excellent coolers between $40-60. Zalman 7000 or the Thermalright SI-97 are less expensive alternatives. In the end it will depend on your usage of the system. Only you can say the performance level you require.

Model number for the case/PSU?

katsuyu

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2005
am using an old fx 5200 :/ and i use my pc mostly for gaming..

oke i saw zalman 7700( it looks really nice) .. and it cost abt the same as the giga cooler.. but the problem is tat am from mauritius (amd64 is very exp here ) and i have to buy it from singapore. i cant find any zalman cooler nor thermalright in pricelist there. but they got cooler master coolers.. r they any good?

If you're not going to OC then get the retail box AMD 3000+ CPU. The retail box includes an AMD HSF in the retail box - you wouldn't have to buy a separate HSF.

<pre>DOH! - didn't see that.</pre><p>
Katsuyu: What other mobos are options for you? I don't recommend MSI, but the <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-136-152&depa=1" target="_new">DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D</A> or the Epox Ep-9NPA+ Ultra are great boards. Pat could probably throw out a good Soltek option...

pat

Expert
its 512 ram 1 stick ..

1 stick... how to turn a 939 3000+ in a 2800+ 754...

You do know that socket 939 CPU are dual channel and require 2 exact memory sticks to actually perform at their best? You did get one only to get another one later when you'll have the money doesnt it???

ohh will be using my old graphics card coz i dun have so big budget but later am planning to buy a x800 pro.

Ok, you want SLI. You know that SLI is for nvidia card only and will never run with ATI video card. But, you want to rise your ego and tell your frien that you have a SLI motherboard, even if you probably never use the SLI feature...

am using an old fx 5200 :/ and i use my pc mostly for gaming..

And how do you intend to use this AGP card if your motherboard doesnt have any AGP slot????

do u guys think this system would be good?

Like this, that wont be a working computer, but computer parts...

or did i missed anything?

You missed a lot, and you're not the only one here... :tongue:

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS