Fps problems!

G

hi guys, i own an acer travelmate 5530 with an ati radeon 4570, AMD turion x2 dual core rm-75 processors and a damn good motherboard, i do have windows vista, and my issues are as follows (do note that my pc was excellent for gaming and was completely fine):
-everything was fine until i installed ALIENS VS PREDATOR (the new one)
-now whenever i play a game it is fine for a minute, then the framerate drops to under 10 fps and stays that way for 2 minutes, the cycle repeats
-my computer has become incredibly unresponsive and forces me to CTRL ALT DELETE
i have tried:
-i have formatted twice
-i have downloaded all the latest drivers
-i have taken it to profesionals
-i have downloaded registry fixers and no results

please this has frustrated me for half a year please any help or advice will do :)

CrysisComa

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
the game has higher requirements then probably most games youv played. i can see from your specs that your PC actually isnt very good. not by todays standards. try just turning the settings (including resolution) in the game menu as low as they can go. and try it then. if it doesnt help then my guess is your PC just isnt powerful enough

Jimmy22

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Agree with CrysisComa. Most likely that your PC is struggling. It may help if you took the plunge up or down from Vista to 7 or XP, but for one game not really worth it. Settings easiest method. Second maybe thinking about overclocking.

Doesn't really sound like a heating issue as the problem Cycles. If it was heating i guess it would be okay for a while, then cause issues and ultimately crash.