Jake_Barnes

Splendid
TT - Couple of ways ... 1. You can order a free M$ SP2 CD <A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx" target="_new">here</A> ... or 2. Download the <A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en" target="_new">Windows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers</A> ... both should work for you ... some here caution that the Network Pkg is not the right one ... but I d/l it 1st week and installed from a CD I burned it on ... worked for me ... but, perhaps, ordering the CD might be a better way to go ...

EDit: SP2 will probably upgrade IE for you ... like it or not ...

<b> ...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol - W.C. Fields </b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Jake_Barnes on 12/22/04 08:14 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Well he<b></b>ll TT ... leave it up to M$ to decide what's best for you, huh ... anyhow, I don't believe the new Windows Updates would work with older versions of IE ... btw ... go there now and get the updates - there have been a few since SP2 ...

<b> ...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol - W.C. Fields </b>

What's wrong with upgrading IE? Personally, I think the updates for IE are good and were long overdue... pop-blocker and complete control over ActiveX installations...

Don't get me wrong, I like Firefox and use it at work... but I still prefer using IE at home.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Another way is to use P2P like Kazaa to get the SP2exe. Could locate it through torrents. Should be legit to get this way for it is FREE to DL.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>