Resident Evil 1

redwing3139

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Hello

Does anybody know where I could buy a copy of Resident Evil 1 for the PC? I have googled it and I got nothing other then free downloads which I would like to avoid

bravo95

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
If you would like to play it the old fashion way. You should get a PSX emulator and buy the Rom off of romulation. Thats how i normally play my classics. But Jay is right, if you want to stick with pc. Just make sure you know how to rn it. Some games like that only run on 32 bit systems/.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Im running the original PC version of Resident Evil on Windows 7 ultimate 64-Bit just fine. Granted, I have to run it in Windows 95 compatibility mode, but it works. That and it looks better then the PlayStation 1 version ever could. Also, what is the logic in paying money for a ROM? Pay for an original if you're gonna spend any money at all...

brandoncatz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
I wish I could remember the name of the software, but I had purchased some sort of emulator years back that allowed you to put the original PS1 disc in to your optical drive and play from that. If anyone knows what I am talking about, please reply. If that still exists you could go and buy the ps1 game for a couple dollars and play it on the PC. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

brandoncatz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010

I didn't see the message... honestly not even sure how to check my PM's... but you might want to send it to the thread originator, redwing3139, as well. I definitely want to check it out, though, and see if it's the same one I had back in the day... come to think of it, I think I still have the PS1 discs for the first couple of Twisted Metals... sweet.

bravo95

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
@brandoncatz, to check the privet messages, go to forum then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. You should see the last colom saying...

Send / read private messages

Its located in the Community section. You should see it there.