No email program

Status
Not open for further replies.

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Hello,
I was trying to email a friend a video by clicking onto the email button that accmpanied the video . when I did a box opened up stateing "there is no email program associated to perform the requested action . please install an email program or if one is alredy installed , create an association in the default programs control panel". I already have two email programs installed , comcast.net and gmail.com . I've done this before and it worked now all of a sudden it will not let me do this and this box appears can anyone help me with this?

I don't know about Comcast but I suspect it is, like Gmail an e-mail provider and not an e-mail handler. If you use webmail to retrive and send mails, and not a handler such as M$ Outlook, Live Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird, the message is right.

You could set up one of your accounts in Outlook or T'bird but an easier alternative for you is to open the video and save it into your computer, then attach it to a mail you create in the normal way. Watch out though - there are usually limits to what a mail can have attached and video makes for very large files.

I know nothing about the e-mail programs you're using, but for the system to use one of them it has to be set up as the default e-mail handler. You normally do this by running the program and using its configuration dialog boxes.

For example, in Thunderbird you'd do this:

- Select "Tools -> Options" from the menu bar

- Select the "General" tab in the options dialog box

- Make sure the "Always check to see if Thunderbird is the default mail client on startup"

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

mibix 19 - That is the way I've been doing it . It works very well , I don't do it often but when I do send a video it's never let me down , and it's quite simple thanks for your advice .

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

Hello Cassandra - I just installed windows hot mail thinking that would do the trick . But it didn,t , I've been doing what mibix 19 suggested ever since i've learned that sending the video from the program wasn't working anymore . I did at one time but all of a sudden it stopped working and I didn't know why . But the advice you've given me is excellent , once again , THANKYOU !

mako4

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

saga lout - extremely good advice , I'll remember that , THANKYOU .

mako4

Status
Not open for further replies.