Verizon's answer about bluetooth connectivity

Last response: in Network Providers
August 27, 2004 10:01:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

My question was

> Why is it not possible to upload the phone book from a Motorola V710
> phone via bluetooth to the phone book in my Toyota Prius automobile?
> Not being able to upload the phone book seriously limits the
> bluetooth capabilities of the phone-car combination.

Their reply was

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

I use bluetooth on my Motorola 270c. I have the Motorola Connections
program, wireless earpiece, both bluetooth and IR on the notebook computer.
If you like to tinker and play, you will probably get it to work. It is
unlikely anyone will be able to assist you with direct instructions. It's
just a matter of playing with your computer, your phone and your care
bluetooth. May I recommend that if you get the phone bluetooth to car
working, call it good and enjoy the car.

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
> My question was
>
> > Why is it not possible to upload the phone book from a Motorola V710
> > phone via bluetooth to the phone book in my Toyota Prius automobile?
> > Not being able to upload the phone book seriously limits the
> > bluetooth capabilities of the phone-car combination.
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 1:56:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <2paageFipmghU1@uni-berlin.de>,
"Alesandra" <rubyebbyrdNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I use bluetooth on my Motorola 270c. I have the Motorola Connections
> program, wireless earpiece, both bluetooth and IR on the notebook
> computer. If you like to tinker and play, you will probably get it to
> work. It is unlikely anyone will be able to assist you with direct
> instructions. It's just a matter of playing with your computer, your
> phone and your care bluetooth. May I recommend that if you get the
> phone bluetooth to car working, call it good and enjoy the car.

But the 270c is not a Verizon phone. The only Bluetooth phone offered
by Verizon is the V710.

Oh, here is a follow-up reply from Verizon:

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
August 28, 2004 5:19:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

You expected Verizon to actually help you with a very expensive buggy phone?
Hahahaaha.

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
> My question was
>
> > Why is it not possible to upload the phone book from a Motorola V710
> > phone via bluetooth to the phone book in my Toyota Prius automobile?
> > Not being able to upload the phone book seriously limits the
> > bluetooth capabilities of the phone-car combination.
>
> Their reply was
>
> > Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website. We are sorry
> > to learn that you are having difficulty with your Bluetooth
> > capabilities on your Motorola. As part of our Worry Free Guarantee,
> > your concern becomes our concern the first time you contact us. We
> > are happy to assist you with your question.
> >
> > Verizon wireless does not support the Bluetooth functions of the
> > Motorola V710. You can contact Motorola for additional information
> > on the different functionality's of the Bluetooth. Below we have
> > provided you with more information on the current features on your
> > phone:
> >
> > The Motorola v710 only supports the following Bluetooth functions:
> > Wireless headsets
> > Wireless car kits (voice calls only, no syncing contacts)
> > Dial-Up networking
> > Contact syncing, file sharing, and any other Bluetooth functions
> > outside of the ones listed are not supported on the v710.
> >
> > We truly apologize about any inconvenience or frustration that this
> > may have caused.
> >
> > If you are having problems with any of the supported Bluetooth
> > functions, please contact Motorola as they provide support for all
> > Bluetooth functionality. They can be reached at 800-331-6456.
> >
> > If you have further questions or concerns, please write to us again
> > through www.VerizonWireless.com. We appreciate your business and
> > thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.
>

> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Jamie
> > Verizon Wireless
> > Data Technical Support
> >
> > "We never stop working for you!"
>
> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 9:59:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

The 270C is indeed a Verizon Phone, The V710 is NOT the first bluetooth
handset to be offered by VZW ( but who cares anyway)

The 270c is 2 yr old technology, great speaker phone, but not a flip. It
met with limited success, but was an awesome phone. It does not have aGPS
We sold them to demanding customers. Especially business customers! dr

> In article <2paageFipmghU1@uni-berlin.de>,
> "Alesandra" <rubyebbyrdNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

snip

> But the 270c is not a Verizon phone. The only Bluetooth phone offered
> by Verizon is the V710.

snip
> > The V710 is the first Bluetooth handset to be offered by Verizon
> > Wireless. While it has already been released, we are still working
> > to determine which Bluetooth features are best for our customers, and
> > our network. We have yet to receive any information regarding when,
> > or even if, we will enable the file sharing capabilities of the V710.
> > We understand that this is frustrating and apologize for any
> > inconvenience.
>
> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 2:06:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

I like Bluetooth. The Motorola headset does disconnect frequently, but
rarely during a call. And I can reconnect on the 270c the dark if I need
to. No one can explain why, and other's have noticed the same desire to
occasionally disconnect. I sort of use it with it's occasional problems. A
wireless headset is really quite handy.

For total function, I'm still a fan of 5185's or 3285's with dch-12
speakerphone on the desk and cark-91 speakerphone in the car. I've found
the combination to be quite reliable over the years. And I use Cingular's
unlocked 6340i's on ATTWS GSM with the same desk and car speakerphones.
There is nothing to upgrade to since a phone change means desk and car
speakerphone systems have to be changed (time 3 cars and 4 occasional users)
Anyone in the family can pop their phone in the cark-91 and start talking.
Bluetooth speakerphones require reassignment which translates to a lot of
button pushing each time you get in the car.

As for data, I have none now and in my shopping, I'm sure I'll go with a
separate PCMIA card. Too many times I'm on the phone doing something on the
notebook computer at home or a hotspot about town.

"dr.wireMORE" <dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote in message

> The 270c is 2 yr old technology, great speaker phone, but not a flip. It
> met with limited success, but was an awesome phone. It does not have aGPS
> We sold them to demanding customers. Especially business customers! dr
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 11:30:39 AM

"Alesandra" <rubyebbyrdNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> For total function, I'm still a fan of 5185's or 3285's with dch-12
> speakerphone on the desk and cark-91 speakerphone in the car. I've found
> the combination to be quite reliable over the years. And I use Cingular's
> unlocked 6340i's on ATTWS GSM with the same desk and car speakerphones.
> There is nothing to upgrade to since a phone change means desk and car
> speakerphone systems have to be changed (time 3 cars and 4 occasional
users)
> Anyone in the family can pop their phone in the cark-91 and start talking.
> Bluetooth speakerphones require reassignment which translates to a lot of
> button pushing each time you get in the car.

I got a 5185 and dch-12 back in December of 2001 for my wife, who is
emotionally disabled and not good at answering the phone. Since then, when
I'm out and about I can call her anytime and the phone with the
speakerphone/charger just answers automatically and hangs up when I'm done
talking to her. Works like a charm! It's been on 24/7 since I got it. We're
on the 400 minute AC plan with unlimited in network calling with her line as
the secondary one (since she doesn't call out and I'm virtually the only one
to call her line). I've given her number to several close friends and
relatives in case they don't hear from me in a while so they can attempt to
check on things.

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer

Our web pages are located at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 12:37:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 17:59:57 GMT, "dr.wireMORE"
<dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote:

>The 270C is indeed a Verizon Phone, The V710 is NOT the first bluetooth
>handset to be offered by VZW ( but who cares anyway)

The 270c was never offered by VERIZON - it was offered by Indirect
outlets. It was never available at a Verizon owned store.

Evan
August 31, 2004 2:09:51 AM

Evan Platt <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message news:<i1u3j09pvprc13v4f6h039mmdd9u5adgoo@4ax.com>...
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 17:59:57 GMT, "dr.wireMORE"
> <dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote:
>
> >The 270C is indeed a Verizon Phone, The V710 is NOT the first bluetooth
> >handset to be offered by VZW ( but who cares anyway)
>
> The 270c was never offered by VERIZON - it was offered by Indirect
> outlets. It was never available at a Verizon owned store.

I bought my 270c at a Verizon store. I couldn't get the required
bluetooth module there though, had to go to eBAY and Motorola for
that.

b.b.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 3:17:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

On 8/29/04 11:37 AM, in article i1u3j09pvprc13v4f6h039mmdd9u5adgoo@4ax.com,
"Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 17:59:57 GMT, "dr.wireMORE"
> <dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote:
>
>> The 270C is indeed a Verizon Phone, The V710 is NOT the first bluetooth
>> handset to be offered by VZW ( but who cares anyway)
>
> The 270c was never offered by VERIZON - it was offered by Indirect
> outlets. It was never available at a Verizon owned store.

Yes it was. When I bought my TM-510 back in 2001, the 270c was on VZW's
website. And one of the bosses @ work (We're a corporate account for VZW)
had one as well.

VZ disabled the BT stuff in later firmwares, but the originals could use the
BT sleeve. Similar to the SonyEricsson T607 (or 8) that had the BT dongle.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 3:18:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

On 8/27/04 9:01 PM, in article
michelle-383B68.18011927082004@news.west.cox.net, "Michelle Steiner"
<michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

> My question was
>
>> Why is it not possible to upload the phone book from a Motorola V710
>> phone via bluetooth to the phone book in my Toyota Prius automobile?
>> Not being able to upload the phone book seriously limits the
>> bluetooth capabilities of the phone-car combination.

So Switch to ATTWS or Cingular. I've been playing with the SE T637 on ATTWS
for the past week and the coverage and quality here in the NJ/PA area is as
good as or better than Verizon. And the BT syncs perfectly with my iMac and
iSync.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 3:18:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <BD5AB7D9.36BE%sneakerfreak@covad.net>,
Sneaker Freak <sneakerfreak@covad.net> wrote:

> So Switch to ATTWS or Cingular.

Cingular isn't here, so that's not an option. ATTWS has lousy service
on my street; Verizon is about the only clear signal I can get in my
house, and it's marginal. Two blocks north of me and everything works.
<sigh>

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 3:18:51 AM

> In article <BD5AB7D9.36BE%sneakerfreak@covad.net>,
> Sneaker Freak <sneakerfreak@covad.net> wrote:
>
> > So Switch to ATTWS or Cingular.
>
> Cingular isn't here, so that's not an option. ATTWS has lousy service
> on my street; Verizon is about the only clear signal I can get in my
> house, and it's marginal. Two blocks north of me and everything works.
> <sigh>
>
> --

Have you considered an in building repeater? (like they have in many
cell-phone stores)? My house is in a "valley" (well surrounded by hills),
and I had to do that to get a reasonable TV signal, and just use the same
MAST as my tv antenna, for the high-gain antenna. check out
www.cellantenna.com
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 3:18:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <2pl5d6Fl8rk3U1@uni-berlin.de>,
"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102@Hotmail.com> wrote:

> Have you considered an in building repeater? (like they have in many
> cell-phone stores)?

I didn't know that they existed.

And at $499 and up, I'm not about to buy one.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 11:49:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

On 9/1/04 12:38 AM, in article
michelle-1AA723.21385631082004@news.west.cox.net, "Michelle Steiner"
<michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

> In article <BD5AB7D9.36BE%sneakerfreak@covad.net>,
> Sneaker Freak <sneakerfreak@covad.net> wrote:
>
>> So Switch to ATTWS or Cingular.
>
> Cingular isn't here, so that's not an option. ATTWS has lousy service
> on my street; Verizon is about the only clear signal I can get in my
> house, and it's marginal. Two blocks north of me and everything works.
> <sigh>
Sprint? Since they roam on Verizon, that may help. You could pick up the
T608 with integrated Bluetooth from them. Or wait for the Nokia CDMA phone
w/BT that's coming soon.
!