problem with FTP - seems limited - please read!

yangrossman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for taking your time. Let me explain what is going on. It has been 3 or 4 days that I am having problems FTPing. I can connect to the host providers and start the FTP, after a certain size (30k) it stops the transfer.
This is the problem, but now let me explain the possible causes and the tests I have done already.
- I was trying FTP with Dreamweaver, but I had the same problem with CuteFTP - so it is not a software problem
- my internet provider is Road Runner, it can still be the cause or the modem can be broken. But I have no problems to download, only upload.
- my computer, or its os (WIN XP) is not the cause, cause I tried with another computer and OS (Win ME)
- My host provider is not the cause, because I tried with other host providers
- I use a SMS router, but I also tried connecting directly to the cable modem

I talked with the support from road runner. I asked if they had any firewall or were limiting uploads. They said no. But maybe they don't know there is something wrong.
The only test, I guess I can still do, is connection through another provider.

Have you ever seen anything like that ?
I need to upload my websites and I can't in the current situation.

Thanks a lot for helping.

Yan Grossman

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
its only with upload? only uploading with ftp? what happens when you upload to another computer in the network?

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

yangrossman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for the interest. I can move files in the network. I also was able to upload connected through another ISP (dial up netzero).
So, eliminated all possibilities, I guess the cause must be road runner or the cable modem itself.
What do you think ?
Thanks

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
it does sound like the modem, but just to make sure, have you only tried uploading with ftp? have you tried some other type of transfer? like aim or icq?

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal