Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

I'm having difficulty getting the patch. I found it on GameCopyWorld but
for some reason, I'm unable to download it. I used to just click on the
link to begin the d/l, but I'm not getting that option now. Any ideas?

--
www.throwemup.com
Is your picture here yet?

Chuck wrote:
> I'm having difficulty getting the patch. I found it on GameCopyWorld but
> for some reason, I'm unable to download it. I used to just click on the
> link to begin the d/l, but I'm not getting that option now. Any ideas?

Megagames.com

--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"

Chuck wrote:
> I'm having difficulty getting the patch. I found it on GameCopyWorld but
> for some reason, I'm unable to download it. I used to just click on the
> link to begin the d/l, but I'm not getting that option now. Any ideas?

No worries, you don't need a new crack for each patch.

First, go get Daemon Tools (a virtual drive app):

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

Then make a 1:1 image of your original play disc. This can be a Nero,
CloneCD, Alcohol, Blindwrite, Discjuggler, CDRWin, or plain ISO image.
Daemon's pretty much handles anything.

Be sure you make a 1:1 and have subchannel data without correction.

Now enable all the emulation options in Daemon's and mount your image.
This will work for any future version of D3. I hardly ever need cracks
for any of my games anymore.

Keep in mind that the copy protection in D3 can detect some other
virtual drive software like CloneCD and Alcohol, so it's best to
uninstall them before you run D3 or disable their virtual drives.
Alternatively, you can deny read permissions for Administrator and
System on their registry keys (temporarily).

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

> Megagames.com

Actually, was just going to post I found it. It took a lot of searching on
other sites/servers. Wonder if it's scarce or just a coincidence.

BTW, the game is up and running again with no cd. It seemed a little
sluggish/laggy though, never was before the 1.1 patch. Did it reset all my
config files and stuff? How do I confirm that I have the 1.1 patch, didn't
see the version on any screens.

Chuck wrote:
> > Megagames.com
>
> Actually, was just going to post I found it. It took a lot of searching on
> other sites/servers. Wonder if it's scarce or just a coincidence.
>
> BTW, the game is up and running again with no cd. It seemed a little
> sluggish/laggy though, never was before the 1.1 patch. Did it reset all my
> config files and stuff? How do I confirm that I have the 1.1 patch, didn't
> see the version on any screens.

If you installed 1.1 before applying the patch, you probably have 1.1,
since you're just replacing the exe. However, if you pull down the
console in-game (CTRL + ALT + TILDE(~)), your version will be displayed
in the bottom right-hand corner of the console, although mine says:

DOOM 1.0.1282 (and it *is* up to date, so i guess thats 1.1)

That's all.

--

deimos wrote:
> Chuck wrote:
>
>> I'm having difficulty getting the patch. I found it on GameCopyWorld
>> but for some reason, I'm unable to download it. I used to just click
>> on the link to begin the d/l, but I'm not getting that option now.
>> Any ideas?
>>

> No worries, you don't need a new crack for each patch.
>
> First, go get Daemon Tools (a virtual drive app):
>
> http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5
>

> Then make a 1:1 image of your original play disc. This can be a Nero,
> CloneCD, Alcohol, Blindwrite, Discjuggler, CDRWin, or plain ISO image.
> Daemon's pretty much handles anything.
>
> Be sure you make a 1:1 and have subchannel data without correction.
>
> Now enable all the emulation options in Daemon's and mount your image.
> This will work for any future version of D3. I hardly ever need cracks
> for any of my games anymore.
>
> Keep in mind that the copy protection in D3 can detect some other
> virtual drive software like CloneCD and Alcohol, so it's best to
> uninstall them before you run D3 or disable their virtual drives.
> Alternatively, you can deny read permissions for Administrator and
> System on their registry keys (temporarily).
This requires 700mb of space, and a cracked exe loads faster.

But, you're right, you can do that (as long as D3 doesn't detect Daemon)