No CD for 1.1

I'm having difficulty getting the patch. I found it on GameCopyWorld but
for some reason, I'm unable to download it. I used to just click on the
link to begin the d/l, but I'm not getting that option now. Any ideas?

--
www.throwemup.com
Is your picture here yet?

    Chuck wrote:
    > I'm having difficulty getting the patch. I found it on GameCopyWorld but
    > for some reason, I'm unable to download it. I used to just click on the
    > link to begin the d/l, but I'm not getting that option now. Any ideas?

    Megagames.com

    --
    Noob - "do you hack?"
    Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"

    Chuck wrote:
    > I'm having difficulty getting the patch. I found it on GameCopyWorld but
    > for some reason, I'm unable to download it. I used to just click on the
    > link to begin the d/l, but I'm not getting that option now. Any ideas?

    No worries, you don't need a new crack for each patch.

    First, go get Daemon Tools (a virtual drive app):

    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

    Then make a 1:1 image of your original play disc. This can be a Nero,
    CloneCD, Alcohol, Blindwrite, Discjuggler, CDRWin, or plain ISO image.
    Daemon's pretty much handles anything.

    Be sure you make a 1:1 and have subchannel data without correction.

    Now enable all the emulation options in Daemon's and mount your image.
    This will work for any future version of D3. I hardly ever need cracks
    for any of my games anymore.

    Keep in mind that the copy protection in D3 can detect some other
    virtual drive software like CloneCD and Alcohol, so it's best to
    uninstall them before you run D3 or disable their virtual drives.
    Alternatively, you can deny read permissions for Administrator and
    System on their registry keys (temporarily).
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    > Megagames.com

    Actually, was just going to post I found it. It took a lot of searching on
    other sites/servers. Wonder if it's scarce or just a coincidence.

    BTW, the game is up and running again with no cd. It seemed a little
    sluggish/laggy though, never was before the 1.1 patch. Did it reset all my
    config files and stuff? How do I confirm that I have the 1.1 patch, didn't
    see the version on any screens.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    Chuck wrote:
    > > Megagames.com
    >
    > Actually, was just going to post I found it. It took a lot of searching on
    > other sites/servers. Wonder if it's scarce or just a coincidence.
    >
    > BTW, the game is up and running again with no cd. It seemed a little
    > sluggish/laggy though, never was before the 1.1 patch. Did it reset all my
    > config files and stuff? How do I confirm that I have the 1.1 patch, didn't
    > see the version on any screens.

    If you installed 1.1 before applying the patch, you probably have 1.1,
    since you're just replacing the exe. However, if you pull down the
    console in-game (CTRL + ALT + TILDE(~)), your version will be displayed
    in the bottom right-hand corner of the console, although mine says:

    DOOM 1.0.1282 (and it *is* up to date, so i guess thats 1.1)

    That's all.

    --
    Noob - "do you hack?"
    Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"
    Noob - "do you have digital cable?"
    Justin - "i have *ALL* the cables!"
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    deimos wrote:
    > Chuck wrote:
    >
    >> I'm having difficulty getting the patch. I found it on GameCopyWorld
    >> but for some reason, I'm unable to download it. I used to just click
    >> on the link to begin the d/l, but I'm not getting that option now.
    >> Any ideas?
    >>

    > No worries, you don't need a new crack for each patch.
    >
    > First, go get Daemon Tools (a virtual drive app):
    >
    > http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5
    >

    > Then make a 1:1 image of your original play disc. This can be a Nero,
    > CloneCD, Alcohol, Blindwrite, Discjuggler, CDRWin, or plain ISO image.
    > Daemon's pretty much handles anything.
    >
    > Be sure you make a 1:1 and have subchannel data without correction.
    >
    > Now enable all the emulation options in Daemon's and mount your image.
    > This will work for any future version of D3. I hardly ever need cracks
    > for any of my games anymore.
    >
    > Keep in mind that the copy protection in D3 can detect some other
    > virtual drive software like CloneCD and Alcohol, so it's best to
    > uninstall them before you run D3 or disable their virtual drives.
    > Alternatively, you can deny read permissions for Administrator and
    > System on their registry keys (temporarily).
    This requires 700mb of space, and a cracked exe loads faster.

    But, you're right, you can do that (as long as D3 doesn't detect Daemon)

    --
    Noob - "do you hack?"
    Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"
    Noob - "do you have digital cable?"
    Justin - "i have *ALL* the cables!"
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    "Chuck" <sendmespam@volleyball.net> wrote in message
    > I'm having difficulty getting the patch. I found it on GameCopyWorld but
    > for some reason, I'm unable to download it. I used to just click on the
    > link to begin the d/l, but I'm not getting that option now. Any ideas?
    >
    > --
    > www.throwemup.com
    > Is your picture here yet?
    > Same problem until I disabled my pop up blocker.

Download Games CD-Rom Video Games