ASUS K8V SE Deluxe

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
I have the mobo that I described in the title and I installed a HDD in the 3rd IDE and that IDE is to be used in RAID configuration.

I want to use the HDD just as a storage disk, when I did the format for this disk, windows did it differently than the HDDs that are on the other IDEs.

My question is: If I put this hard disk in another computer is it going to work.

I think that It designated the HDD as a volume instead of a partition and it said dynamic instead of basic.

Wrong forum - post in the HDD forum...

Probably will get a better response there. Personally, I would reformat the HDD before trying to use it in another system. Is the info on the HDD backed up? Wil you be using it as the primary HDD on the other system you want to install this HDD into?

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
It's a new hard drive and right now I'm not planning to put it in another machine, I just wanted to know If that would be possible in the future.
I'll post in Hard Drives, I just hope they don't tell me to post in Motherboards. lol

So...right now you have the HDD in your current system as a storage drive (in a RAID?). You're asking if you can later take that drive and use it in another system? The answer is yes you can remoe the drive later and use it in another system. I would backup any data on the drive and format it before using it another system.

If the drive is in a RAID0 and you remove the drive then the RAID0 will no longer exist and you will lose all data that you haven't backed up. Does that answer your question?

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Yes
I used the RAID IDE because both of the regular IDEs were used by the CD Burner and other Hard Disks, but it's really bad that I can't take that HD to another computer without formatting it. I think I will remove the CD drive and format the new HD as a regular HD.

Thanks

Not saying you <i>can't</i>, but <i>I</i> would format the drive.