HELP!! HP Pavilion wont boot up!

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b α HP
January 27, 2005 8:15:31 PM

Good day! I have a HP Pavilion that I recently loaded XP Professional
on. It has been working fine for the last couple of weeks and then,
last night, when I turned the PC on, it went to the first blue screen
(the one that says HP Invent) and would go no further. I turned it
off and restarted and that didnt work either - I pushed every
function key and even tried to run the HP system restore CD - to no
avail...

Any suggestions? Thank you.

More about : pavilion wont boot

Anonymous
a b α HP
January 27, 2005 8:56:15 PM

Sounds like something is overheated or overclocked.
Anonymous
a b α HP
February 6, 2005 7:25:55 PM

I also got the HP Invent blue screen only. It started today after trying to
replace a CD drive. I cannot get past the HP blue screen and the computer
will not boot. I have tried to put everything back to orginal stage, then
removing all io cards, however the blue screen stays. No beeps from the
bios when it turns on. I am at a totall loss. Any ideas.
a b α HP
February 12, 2005 7:10:25 AM

Have you removed the CD Drive and see?

Dewaine

HPTROuble wrote:

> I also got the HP Invent blue screen only. It started today after trying to
> replace a CD drive. I cannot get past the HP blue screen and the computer
> will not boot. I have tried to put everything back to orginal stage, then
> removing all io cards, however the blue screen stays. No beeps from the
> bios when it turns on. I am at a totall loss. Any ideas.
Anonymous
a b α HP
February 12, 2005 8:27:00 AM

Exactly what HP Pavilion model do you have? Are you able to access the
BIOS (usually by pressing F1 at start-up on Pavilion PCs)? Can you
hear the hard drive spinning up when you first start the computer?
Have you installed any new hardware since upgrading to Windows XP?
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 20, 2009 6:51:40 PM

Did anyone figure out how to get past the HP blue screen? Just happened to my HP pavilion 754n - and all I was doing was copying a music CD to iTunes when the computer shut itself off... then upon reboot, all I get is the blue screen...

a b α HP
August 21, 2009 2:49:26 AM

Try resetting the CMOS.

It could be a failing power supply.