MSI i875P Neo-FISR

m_rystrand

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2005
Hi!
I've been having the same problem with my computer ever since I bought it.
It seems as though there is something wrong with my motherboard or something directly connected to it.
My computer just reboots itself with no notice of any kind.
I have updated every driver continuely since I bought my computer and I've been in contact with the company that I bought it from aswell.
I sent my motherboard, memorymodule and cpu to them, and they couldn't find anything wrong with it.
(Most likely they didn't run on the same kind of system as I do..)
I've also tried swapping memorymodules, cpu, graphicscard, harddrives and even my power supply but nothing seems to work, it still reboots itself.
The only thing I haven't tried swapping is my motherboard. (And to add, with every hardwareswap I formatted my harddrive and reinstalled Windows XP)
The procedure itself always happens when I push my computer hard, for instance starting a lot of programs at the same time och playing a game or for example using 2 USB-ports at the same time.

My system is:
MSI i875P Neo-FISR (PCB 2.0) S478/800MHz
Intel Pentium4 3.0GHz Prescott 1mb cache FSB800
TwinMOS PC3200 TwiSTER DDR-PC400 512mb CL2
Asus V9560/TD FX5600 8x AGP

Any kind of recommendations is VERY appreciated!

Kind regards
Michael Rystrand

My Msi board did the same thing until I adjusted the cpu and ddram voltages. I use 1.56 for the cpu, and 2.6 for the ddram, set at spd. Try several different settings until you find some that work for you. Your power supply could also be causing the reboots. I use an antec 350w to run a 2.8c at 3500.

budgetcpu

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2005
Some MSI motherboards have a feature called DOT(dinamic Overclocking Technology) which could make the system unstable from time to time. try turning it off (if it's on) and that may solve your problems buddy.