I've been looking for a cheap computer to replace my current 6+ year old computer as the school year is about to start. I found this computer for sale while I was looking, and I was wondering if this computer could run SC2 smoothly on average or higher settings. The system specs are pretty vague, but I'm just looking for a cheap $300~$400 computer that can at least run SC2 set at least on average settings smoothly.
Also, I heard that building your own computer is much cheaper for what you get, so if that's a possibility could anyone help me "build" (as in just list parts I could order) a computer that can run an average-setting-SC2 smoothly that's around $300~$400?
I don't need some ultra video card or anything (although running SC2 on Ultra settings would be great, but I don't think it would fit in the budget), I just want to be able to do my everyday homework while still being able to enjoy SC2 (on at least average settings) on the side without any FPS/lag issues. I live in Washington state, don't need a monitor (could use recommendations for a cheap gaming mouse though), and really need to stick to $300~$400. Plus I don't really need a big hard drive, 200 GB is probably more than enough for me.
The system requirements for the StarCraft II are as follows:
PC Minimum System Requirements*:
* Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
* 2.6 GHz Pentium® IV or equivalent AMD Athlon® processor
* 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT or ATI Radeon® 9800 PRO video card or better
* 12 GB available HD space
* 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 users)
* DVD-ROM drive
* Broadband Internet connection
* 1024X720 minimum display resolution
PC Recommended Specifications:
* Windows Vista®/Windows® 7
* Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
* 2 GB RAM
* 512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better
This is official requirement of SC2.But the game can run smoothly only Graphics card with 512MB VRAM.The link you give didn't give complete Graphics card detail.
And for processor ,it run smoothly on C2D 2.8Ghz or higher.I have C2Q 2.5,DDR3 2GB ram & graphics card HD 5670.I can play the game smoothly by setting every option max.