sobank

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
I'm building a new computer and have only two more days to do it (its a real pain in the A** when you are the only computer literate in the family). and since i have no time to do the research on my own im just checking the prices and specs to make my decisssions.
here is one more question for you guys.Based on the real life performance what mobo i should get
Asus A8N-E (PCIExpress/SATA2/RAID) $139 Special
or
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe (PCI E / SATA / RAID ) $219
and prices are canadian. is it gonna worth that $100 difference?

Not unless you want to go SLI with this rig. Even then I don't recommend SLI because of poor price/performance.

sobank

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
the fatality is like $20-30cdn more than asus sli or msi sli. thats a lot of price for a non sli board. This price of non sli board actually got me off guards. damn.

anyway since i cant dish out that much money so i'm wondering what do you guys think about

-MSI K8N Neo4 Plantinum
-LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D
-Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
-Asus A8N-SLI Socket

give me your pick. tell you the truth i'm tired of researching. A month before exams i had everything figure out now i see lot more sh*t on the shelves. Anyway i really appericiate your help.

thanks.

LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D - great stock board, OCs like a beast and DFI has good customer support.

sobank

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
yeah after reading its reviews and the fact after a little very easy hardware moding i can convert it to the sli board, this board is the winner in price and amazing performance. i saw the result in hardocp the test results and they are pretty impressing.

nVidia stated that they were going to code the drivers to defeat that mod to SLI on the DFI Ultra boards. Don't bet on getting a successful SLI mod. Its performance is nothing short of spectacular - especially with the right RAM. I'm looking forward to seeing some Venice core OCs with this puppy!

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
Gotta go with everybody else...go with the DFI board. (this comes from someone with a a8n-sli board...). Actually...i'll sell you mine for $130(edit: US currency since i get charged 15% locally for exchanging canadian money...=/ b@stards)all original parts...=D...then i can put that towards a dfi sli board...

Current machines running F@H:
AMD: [64 3500+][64 3000+][2500+][2000+][1.3x2][366]
Intel: [X 3.0x3][P4 3.0x2][P4 2.4x5][P4 1.4]

"...and i'm not gay" RX8 -Greatest Quote of ALL Time<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by apesoccer on 04/25/05 04:36 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

You'd only have to chip in an extra $50 to get the SLI. :wink: How long have you had that board? You'd be taking a beating by giving it away for $130!

<font color=red>You're a boil on the arse of progress - don't make me squeeze you!</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by rugger on 04/25/05 04:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
Exactly

Current machines running F@H:
AMD: [64 3500+][64 3000+][2500+][2000+][1.3x2][366]
Intel: [X 3.0x3][P4 3.0x2][P4 2.4x5][P4 1.4]

"...and i'm not gay" RX8 -Greatest Quote of ALL Time