wizoforb

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2005
I got the computer to recognize the harddrive this time, but by plugging it into the SATA RAID O channel before it wouldn't find it. It almost looks like the computer think the raid is plain sata, and the sata is raid!!?? I then presumed the install with F6, and without, and still get a blue error screen saying windows had to be shut down to stop any damage from happening to the computer. Do I have to clear the RTC, or something, and start fresh??? Please Help...I'm running out of ways to fix this. I have that VIA chipset which I think Is starting to get on my bad side. What chipset is worth getting instead of this via crap Nforce4??? 3? Thanks for the help.
***I just did a bios update also, and get same problems***

ASUS A8V DELUXE K8T800 PRO
AMD ATHLON 64 +3200 (939)
(2)1 GB CORSAIR RAM PC3200 400 MHZ
BFG 6800 GEFORCE ULTRA OC (AGP)
(2) WD 74GB RAPTORS (SATA)
(1) WD 120GB (IDE)
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by wizoforb on 04/26/05 03:45 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Lets try this again.
You have 2 seperate SATA controllers on your motherboard. One in the Chipset, VIA southbridge I believe. The other is an add-on chip on the motherboard.
Look in the Motherboard manual to see which connectors correspond to each controller.
Go into bios and enable the ports you wish to use. Turn OFF the RAID option(You are using a single drive)
SET correct boot order in the bios.Make sure harddrive is jumpered properly(single drive,Master,slave).

I aint signing nothing!!!

wizoforb

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2005
Well the drives are raptors so no jumpers have to be set. The only jumper setting I have is to set (ssc) spread spectrum clocking. Which the jumper is present (to disable ssc). I used sisandra 05' to check for drivers and such, and both via sata raid, and the sata fasttrak 378 drivers were there. Manual states to have a stand alone sata drive to set the bios to (ide master operation or something) on raid channels though!? This is to confusing. Sorry for the noob questions. Thanks for all your help. The hard drive was formatted. bios sees it as a 6237 drive or something, but windows refuses to see it still. Please add the exact driver name I need to install for windows to see it. I might still be using the wrong file which asus really lays out easily which one to use.

ASUS A8V DELUXE K8T800 PRO
AMD ATHLON 64 +3200 (939)
(2)1 GB CORSAIR RAM PC3200 400 MHZ
BFG 6800 GEFORCE ULTRA OC (AGP)
(2) WD 74GB RAPTORS (SATA)
(1) WD 120GB (IDE)