Sign in with
Your question

Laptop for Gaming need recomendation

Last response: in Video Games
August 31, 2010 11:31:08 AM

Howdy peeps, I have just been asked to recommend a gaming laptop for a friend with a price range of up to £1000. Desktop hardware I know but I am not familiar with laptops, has anyone got one they can recommend. Are the alienware laptops overpriced like the desktops?
Cheers!
August 31, 2010 1:36:15 PM

There are many very good laptops out there now capable of gaming. Alienware is overpriced but are always reliable but there are a few gems by other companies out there. After a few mins of browsing i came across this onehttp://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT...
that site has a good selection if you do not want to go with alienware.
August 31, 2010 5:35:13 PM

Look at ASUS. They make some really nice gaming laptops that aren't too overpriced. The one piece of advice I give anybody looking for a gaming laptop is that if you want a gaming laptop make sure you're not paying for all the other bells and whistles that you don't need. A lot of manufacturers like to use "Gaming" as the catch all to throw ever single extra into the machine and over charge based on that. Things like Blu-ray, 3G/4G, SSDs, insane amounts of RAM and whatnot that are not necessary for gaming should be avoided if you don't want them because you will pay a heavy premium for such things in a laptop.
Related resources
September 1, 2010 9:08:19 AM

Cheers for the advice and cheers for the link to that little beauty from overclockers. I shall recommend that I think, they wanted a mac laptop (oooh shiny!!) but they also play games. Hence I recommended a windows based system as you get a better deal / better hardware and can play more games.
Thanks!
September 1, 2010 2:14:11 PM

Your very welcome.
I hate macs lol so would never recommend them.
!