Latest multi-player add-ons: which is best?

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 5, 2004 3:05:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.doom,alt.games.half-life,alt.games.medal-of-honor.allied-assault,alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

Note cross-posting.

What are the latest crop of PC single player focused Shooters?

Far Cry is still recent enough. Doom 3. Half Life 2. MOH Pacific.
That Heaven's hitman thing. I think there's a couple of others.

I'd guess most of them have some kind of multi-player mode to give the
game its replay value and make it worth the $50 and up price tag.

So which game is going to supplant UT2k4 and finally knock the aging
Q3 off the throne?

More about : latest multi player add ons

Anonymous
December 5, 2004 3:02:18 PM

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 00:05:41 -0800, Todd <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in
alt.games.doom:

>Note cross-posting.

No bullshit ? Why ?

>What are the latest crop of PC single player focused Shooters?

No the Subject: Latest multi-player add-ons: which is best?

So get on with it.
Or you are the bullshit.

--
Gerner

Folk med stress bruger planlægningskalendere.
Folk der bruger planlægningskalendere får stress.
(denne signatur er beskyttet mod kommentarer).
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 4:18:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.doom,alt.games.half-life,alt.games.medal-of-honor.allied-assault,alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

"Todd" wrote

> Far Cry is still recent enough. Doom 3. Half Life 2. MOH Pacific.
> That Heaven's hitman thing. I think there's a couple of others.
>
> I'd guess most of them have some kind of multi-player mode to give the
> game its replay value and make it worth the $50 and up price tag.

So you actually don't know?

> So which game is going to supplant UT2k4 and finally knock the aging
> Q3 off the throne?

Which throne?
CS has 3.912 billion player minutes a month in average

- Peter
December 5, 2004 10:43:57 PM

Todd wrote:
> Note cross-posting.
>
> What are the latest crop of PC single player focused Shooters?
>
> Far Cry is still recent enough. Doom 3. Half Life 2. MOH Pacific.
> That Heaven's hitman thing. I think there's a couple of others.
>
> I'd guess most of them have some kind of multi-player mode to give the
> game its replay value and make it worth the $50 and up price tag.
>
> So which game is going to supplant UT2k4 and finally knock the aging
> Q3 off the throne?

Well, first you focused on Single Player Shooters, then you go on to
mention UT2K4 and Quake 3 which are not single player shooters.

Counter Strike: Source seems to be the go :p

Yours Sincerely,
Samuël ML Lison

--
DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
Jobs Available: http://business.dreamcities.net/jobs.html

"Peter Lykkegaard" <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Which throne?
>CS has 3.912 billion player minutes a month in average

A lot of different players, or a lot of seriously devoted players?
December 12, 2004 1:12:09 AM

Samuël ML Lison <news@dreamcities.net> wrote:

>Well, first you focused on Single Player Shooters, then you go on to
>mention UT2K4 and Quake 3 which are not single player shooters.

True, but they are the two big games. At least Q3 and the original
UT. 2k3/4 was too much like Q3 for devoted UT fans; seemed it was
designed to appeal to Q3 fans.

Anyway, most of the single-player games' multiplayer modes never even
approached the exclusively multiplayer games numbers. Jedi Knight,
for example, only appeals to those who want to saber duel. You don't
hear much about Serious Sam anymore.

>Counter Strike: Source seems to be the go :p

Good enough to kill the original?
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 2:52:10 PM

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:12:07 -0800, Todd <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in
alt.games.doom:

>I asked:
>
>>>What are the latest crop of PC single player focused Shooters?
>
>Stærk Tobak <no_spam@postkasse.org> wrote:
>
>>No the Subject: Latest multi-player add-ons: which is best?
>>
>>So get on with it.
>>Or you are the bullshit.
>
>I think I made myself fairly clear.

No, you made a false subject, and you are a bullshitter.
done.

--
Gerner

Folk med stress bruger planlægningskalendere.
Folk der bruger planlægningskalendere får stress.
(denne signatur er beskyttet mod kommentarer).
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 9:14:21 PM

Todd wrote:
> Samuël ML Lison <news@dreamcities.net> wrote:
>

>>Well, first you focused on Single Player Shooters, then you go on to
>>mention UT2K4 and Quake 3 which are not single player shooters.
>

> True, but they are the two big games. At least Q3 and the original
> UT. 2k3/4 was too much like Q3 for devoted UT fans; seemed it was
> designed to appeal to Q3 fans.
>
> Anyway, most of the single-player games' multiplayer modes never even
> approached the exclusively multiplayer games numbers. Jedi Knight,
> for example, only appeals to those who want to saber duel. You don't
> hear much about Serious Sam anymore.
>

>>Counter Strike: Source seems to be the go :p
>

> Good enough to kill the original?

With the new graphics and physics engine, yes. No need to play the
original if the new one has a better engine which makes the gameplay
just that much better.

User created maps are now being seen on the servers.

Yours Sincerely,
Samuël ML Lison

--
!