Latest multi-player add-ons: which is best?

Archived from groups: alt.games.doom,alt.games.half-life,alt.games.medal-of-honor.allied-assault,alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

Note cross-posting.

What are the latest crop of PC single player focused Shooters?

Far Cry is still recent enough. Doom 3. Half Life 2. MOH Pacific.
That Heaven's hitman thing. I think there's a couple of others.

I'd guess most of them have some kind of multi-player mode to give the
game its replay value and make it worth the $50 and up price tag.

So which game is going to supplant UT2k4 and finally knock the aging
Q3 off the throne?
7 answers Last reply
More about latest multi player best
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 00:05:41 -0800, Todd <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in
    alt.games.doom:

    >Note cross-posting.

    No bullshit ? Why ?
    >
    >What are the latest crop of PC single player focused Shooters?

    No the Subject: Latest multi-player add-ons: which is best?

    So get on with it.
    Or you are the bullshit.

    --
    Gerner

    Folk med stress bruger planlægningskalendere.
    Folk der bruger planlægningskalendere får stress.
    (denne signatur er beskyttet mod kommentarer).
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom,alt.games.half-life,alt.games.medal-of-honor.allied-assault,alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

    "Todd" wrote

    > Far Cry is still recent enough. Doom 3. Half Life 2. MOH Pacific.
    > That Heaven's hitman thing. I think there's a couple of others.
    >
    > I'd guess most of them have some kind of multi-player mode to give the
    > game its replay value and make it worth the $50 and up price tag.

    So you actually don't know?
    >
    > So which game is going to supplant UT2k4 and finally knock the aging
    > Q3 off the throne?
    >
    Which throne?
    CS has 3.912 billion player minutes a month in average

    - Peter
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom,alt.games.half-life,alt.games.medal-of-honor.allied-assault,alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

    Todd wrote:
    > Note cross-posting.
    >
    > What are the latest crop of PC single player focused Shooters?
    >
    > Far Cry is still recent enough. Doom 3. Half Life 2. MOH Pacific.
    > That Heaven's hitman thing. I think there's a couple of others.
    >
    > I'd guess most of them have some kind of multi-player mode to give the
    > game its replay value and make it worth the $50 and up price tag.
    >
    > So which game is going to supplant UT2k4 and finally knock the aging
    > Q3 off the throne?

    Well, first you focused on Single Player Shooters, then you go on to
    mention UT2K4 and Quake 3 which are not single player shooters.

    Counter Strike: Source seems to be the go :P


    Yours Sincerely,
    Samuël ML Lison

    --
    DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
    Jobs Available: http://business.dreamcities.net/jobs.html
    Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom,alt.games.half-life,alt.games.medal-of-honor.allied-assault,alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

    "Peter Lykkegaard" <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Which throne?
    >CS has 3.912 billion player minutes a month in average


    A lot of different players, or a lot of seriously devoted players?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom,alt.games.half-life,alt.games.medal-of-honor.allied-assault,alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

    Samuël ML Lison <news@dreamcities.net> wrote:

    >Well, first you focused on Single Player Shooters, then you go on to
    >mention UT2K4 and Quake 3 which are not single player shooters.

    True, but they are the two big games. At least Q3 and the original
    UT. 2k3/4 was too much like Q3 for devoted UT fans; seemed it was
    designed to appeal to Q3 fans.

    Anyway, most of the single-player games' multiplayer modes never even
    approached the exclusively multiplayer games numbers. Jedi Knight,
    for example, only appeals to those who want to saber duel. You don't
    hear much about Serious Sam anymore.

    >Counter Strike: Source seems to be the go :P

    Good enough to kill the original?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:12:07 -0800, Todd <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in
    alt.games.doom:

    >I asked:
    >
    >>>What are the latest crop of PC single player focused Shooters?
    >
    >Stærk Tobak <no_spam@postkasse.org> wrote:
    >
    >>No the Subject: Latest multi-player add-ons: which is best?
    >>
    >>So get on with it.
    >>Or you are the bullshit.
    >
    >I think I made myself fairly clear.

    No, you made a false subject, and you are a bullshitter.
    done.

    --
    Gerner

    Folk med stress bruger planlægningskalendere.
    Folk der bruger planlægningskalendere får stress.
    (denne signatur er beskyttet mod kommentarer).
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom,alt.games.half-life,alt.games.medal-of-honor.allied-assault,alt.games.unreal.tournament2003,alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

    Todd wrote:
    > Samuël ML Lison <news@dreamcities.net> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Well, first you focused on Single Player Shooters, then you go on to
    >>mention UT2K4 and Quake 3 which are not single player shooters.
    >
    >
    > True, but they are the two big games. At least Q3 and the original
    > UT. 2k3/4 was too much like Q3 for devoted UT fans; seemed it was
    > designed to appeal to Q3 fans.
    >
    > Anyway, most of the single-player games' multiplayer modes never even
    > approached the exclusively multiplayer games numbers. Jedi Knight,
    > for example, only appeals to those who want to saber duel. You don't
    > hear much about Serious Sam anymore.
    >
    >
    >>Counter Strike: Source seems to be the go :P
    >
    >
    > Good enough to kill the original?

    With the new graphics and physics engine, yes. No need to play the
    original if the new one has a better engine which makes the gameplay
    just that much better.

    User created maps are now being seen on the servers.


    Yours Sincerely,
    Samuël ML Lison

    --
    DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
    Jobs Available: http://business.dreamcities.net/jobs.html
    Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Video Games