Asus A8V Deluxe Memory Config?

SciFiFan

Distinguished
May 2, 2005
Greetings,

I have a quick question regarding memory configuration settings. I'm not entirely good at determining what's best for my system in this area and, unfortunately, had an error develop during which I was forced to reset my BIOS to its default settings. As such, I'm not sure what I should reset my memory configurations to. I'm running the following system:

Socket 939 AMD FX-53 processor

1 Gig, 2 sticks of 512MB Kingstone Value DDR400 RAM - KVR400X64C3

Asus A8V Deluxe motherboard with 1009 drivers installed.

I would appreciate help with tips on how to reset the Memclock through 2T Command memory configuration settings, since they're all on AUTO at the moment.

Also, I'm running a GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB card and was wondering if setting my AGP Aperture setting to 256MB was correct?

Thanks in advance!

endyen

Splendid
Look at what timings auto gives you, then try lowering them 1 item, and 1 notch at a time.
You are loosing about 5 to 7% perf because you are using only a single stick of ram. Try to get another stick like the first for dual channel.
You only have 512 ram, so allowing graphics to use 1/2 will slow you down.
Make sure you increase your v-dimm by 1/10th of a volt over auto.

1 Gig, 2 sticks of 512MB Kingstone Value DDR400 RAM - KVR400X64C3
Looks like he does have 2 sticks so he won't lose the dual channel performance.

SciFi: Check your mobo manual for recommended slot to have the RAM inserted. You can use <A HREF="http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php" target="_new">CPU-Z</A> to make sure your memory is running in dual channel.