ASUS A8N-Sli Deluxe question

ildrid

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I recently purchased an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard which uses the new 24 pin power connector. The motherboard has the 2x2 4pin connector as well, does this need to be used anymore?

The reason I ask is my power supply doesn't even have a 2x2 connector on it ( Enermax NoiseTaker EG701 SLI version - http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817194001 ).

When I power the PC up everything seems to be working other than my monitor, which will not turn on. Would this be related?

We need more details to be able to help you better.
What are your system specs? Does your video card require additional power (look on the card for a power fitting)? If yes, then do you have the power plugged into the card? (most PCIe cards do not require the additional power connection). Is the video card firmly seated in the slot? Have you tried reseating all of the cable to ensur eyou have a good connection? Have you checked to make sure you don't have any unused mobo stanchions installed in the case (this could cause a short on the mobo)?

Give us a step-by-step on what you did wheen installing and what you've done to try and fix the problem so far.

ildrid

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
System specs:

3800+ (Model #: ADA3800AWBOX)
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
2 eVga PCIe 6800 GT (Model #: 256-P2-N376-AX) in SLI
Enermax NoiseTaker 600W PSU (Model #: EG701AX-VE SFMA(24P))
2 x 512 OCZ Platinum Rev 2 DDR (Model #: OCZ4001024ELDCPER2-K)
2 74GB Western Digital Raptor (Model #: WD740GD)
LITE-ON Black 16x DVD Burner (Model #: SOHW-1673S BK)
Audigy 2 ZS (Model #: 70SB035000000)

The video cards have the 6 pin PCIe connectors for additional power, and I had those attached.

The video cards and cables were checked and double checked to make sure everything was secure. Also took cables out and replugged them back in.

Step by step:

Power supply
3800+ with it's heatsink
Memory
Raptors via SATA cable and power
Sound card
Video cards. Made sure the chip was set to dual video card on the motherboard. Attached them with the SLI bridge between the 2 cards.
DVD Burner
Rest of the cables such as power switch, reset, LED's, fan connectors, etc.

My monitor (21" Sony Trinitron) has the standard VGA connector, and I used the included DVI -> VGA adapter to attach the cable to the cards. Tried only having 1 card in the machine, tried only the other card, tried both cards, swapped their positions. Tried attaching the monitor cable to both DVI connectors on the video cards in all above configs.

Not really sure what else to do here. Thanks for trying to help.

Page 2-25 of yor manual has the placement for the three power connectors (EZ plug, ATX12V1 and 24-pin EAXPWR1) needed to make your system run. If all three aren't plugged in then your system will either not run or not run stably. The manual specifically states that without ATX12V1 it will not boot.