Sign in with
Your question

Which Is Better Ps3 Motion Sensor Controller or Project Natal for Xbo

Last response: in Video Games
September 2, 2010 10:23:47 AM

Which Is Better Ps3 Motion Sensor Controller or Project Natal for Xbox 360?
Which one of these will be more fun & more expected? Personally my opinion is Xbox 360 motion sensor is better for me... What is your opinion?
September 2, 2010 11:01:45 AM

the ps3 move is more accurate and has better looking games. The games on kinect are all party games and stupid things but with move you can play lots of proper games likr fps games and rts games. Kinect is something like £130 whilst move is around £40. Oh and kinect uses 20% of the 360's cpu power so you wont get games looking as good with kinect support.
m
l
September 2, 2010 3:12:50 PM

That is a tough question. Yes Move is a whole lot cheaper but they have just basically mimicked the Nintendo wii. Project Natal is different in the way that you will physically be involved in the game. It's taken Nintendo's concept of active gaming and taken it to an entirely new level. My money will be going on Natal.
m
l
October 8, 2010 5:26:25 PM

Interestingly Sony passed on the Kinect technology allowing Microsoft to acquire it. I personally would say Move is better for my needs. Kinect seems too gimmicky.

In general I am not a motion control fan. I haven't seen it used in a way that makes me rethink the way I have been playing games.
m
l
October 8, 2010 5:38:29 PM

K3vBot6000 said:
Interestingly Sony passed on the Kinect technology allowing Microsoft to acquire it. I personally would say Move is better for my needs. Kinect seems too gimmicky.

In general I am not a motion control fan. I haven't seen it used in a way that makes me rethink the way I have been playing games.

I'm in the same boat. I played some Wii games (mostly golf) and although it's interesting, it's not giving me the satisfaction a normal controller (or Keyboard+mouse) would provide. One day, I believe these motion sensor/control will get it spot on for a gamer like me...but until then, I see them as gadgets you use for a month and then collect dust for months at a time (i.e. My Wii).

Kinect is cool but doesn't have good gaming content as of yet. In fact, there isn't any stipulation on Triple A titles that will use Kinect.

Move is the Wii HD. Again, waving controllers isn't good enough for me. It's way better than Wii but I don't see what the hype is about.

Conclusion: since neither have really something to offer, I'd go for the cheapest (PS3's Move). But honestly, I'd wait until solid content came out. Only then you'll be able to assess which gadget is more suited for you.
m
l
October 9, 2010 4:14:33 AM

My folks got the Move a week ago and, since playing it, my kids have been asking about it all week. They loved it. 3 and 5 years old. My oldest gets it and can play it very well (even whooped me on the sword fighting game a few times) and the 3 year old isn't too bad. My point is, like the Wii, you'll get a lot more out of this thing in a family or low-key party environment. My son's b-day is coming up, so I think he'll be getting it... and when Time Crisis comes out, I'll be hogging it... hehehe...

Can't say much about Kinect except the one review that I read (from a playable demo months ago, so take it with a grain of salt, perhaps) didn't have many positive things to say about it, from the quality of the games to the accuracy of the motion tracking.
m
l
!