Can someone answer a roaming question for me please..

I recently switched from Nextel to Verizon last week..With Nextel
there is no roaming, so I never concerned myself with it..Yesterday
while messing with m V710 phone it shows my total minutes used and it
also said 54 seconds roaming minutes used. Since I never left the
Tampa area, but made calls to Ft. Lauderdale, New York, ect. Can you
make a roaming call to an area instead of being in that area making a
call.?? (Does that make sense ??) Thanks...
PS I do like the V710 !!
3 answers Last reply
More about answer roaming question please

    <delta.sixxxeleven@gte.net> wrote in message

    > I recently switched from Nextel to Verizon last week..With Nextel
    > there is no roaming, so I never concerned myself with it..Yesterday
    > while messing with m V710 phone it shows my total minutes used and it
    > also said 54 seconds roaming minutes used. Since I never left the
    > Tampa area, but made calls to Ft. Lauderdale, New York, ect. Can you
    > make a roaming call to an area instead of being in that area making a
    > call.?? (Does that make sense ??) Thanks...
    > PS I do like the V710 !!

    When the phone is initially programmed it doesn't know anything yet about
    systems so the internal counter will show that first call as roaming. You
    will not get roaming or other billing for that call.

    Good to hear there is one less beeping walkie talkie...

    <delta.sixxxeleven@gte.net> wrote in message

    > I recently switched from Nextel to Verizon last week..With Nextel
    > there is no roaming, so I never concerned myself with it..Yesterday
    > while messing with m V710 phone it shows my total minutes used and it
    > also said 54 seconds roaming minutes used. Since I never left the
    > Tampa area, but made calls to Ft. Lauderdale, New York, ect. Can you
    > make a roaming call to an area instead of being in that area making a
    > call.?? (Does that make sense ??) Thanks...
    > PS I do like the V710 !!

    You'll get that on a new phone the first time it's used. Just reset the
    roaming minutes and it'll correctly indicate the actual roaming time used
    after the initial activation.

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:23:29 -0400, "George" <george@nospam.invalid>
    wrote:

    ><delta.sixxxeleven@gte.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >When the phone is initially programmed it doesn't know anything yet about
    >systems so the internal counter will show that first call as roaming. You
    >will not get roaming or other billing for that call.
    >
    >Good to hear there is one less beeping walkie talkie...

    Thanks much !!

Verizon Nextel Internet Service Providers