Elimist

Distinguished
May 7, 2005
Greetings and Salutations. I used to make computers for fun long times ago and used to love the dual processor computers i built the most. I see alot of hoopla about not using server processors and setups for gaming and such, but i am stubborn and want to use a server setup for gaming and a server i might be running in the backround. but anyways to the questions.

I'm alittle confused on the dual core thing. Is the reason there are no motherboards that i can find for them because 1 dual core is enough, or do they not make them because it's illogically instable or won't work or something?
Next. I see that tyan has lots of dual boards compared to most other companys. Are they a good brand? or should i go to the all incompasing problematic msi? heh
Next. Are there any boards in the world that support dual p4 at like 3000ghz + or dual athlon FX?
Next. is there a huge difference between pc 333/400? and wtf is ddr2? lol.
i've looked at soo many webpages and threads, and articles today, that i've just decided to ask my questions lol.

if i can't get any information going, i'm going to go dual opteron 250 with a tyan motherboard , 4 gigz of ddr333, and wichever vid card i decide, probably just use my 9800pro in the meanwhile.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, you'll be able to do dual-cores and dual-CPU's when the appropriate Opterons come to market. Dual core is supported by Socket 939 prior to release, I have no doubts it will be supported by Socket 940 as well.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<A HREF="http://www.2cpu.com" target="_new">2cpu.com</A>

*Dual PIII-800 @900 i440BX, Tualeron 1.2 @1.6 i815, Celeron 2.6 330J @4.0 i915*