spunky5150

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2004
I'm a bit of pickle about new gear but I need to move fastish and get my sh*t sorted out.
I've just sold my trusty A7N8X-e board, cpu, hdd, 512 HyperX but I've still a 1gb dual channel HyperX kit left over. I'm selling an x800pro just now too.
Bare with me............
I've also got a 1gb HyperX 5400 DDR2 kit I bought late last year with the intention of building a 775 unit and an X800xt PE. Do I sell the DDR2 kit ad keep the DDR kit and go down the 939 route or, do I sell the DDR kit and go for a 775??????? I've looked in to SLi boards and I'm kind of not looking forward to being spendy on a board that I'm not going to use to it's full potential.
I pretty much use my gear for playing games and I've looked at both setups and there's not much of price difference and now I'm starting to scratch my head.
HELP!!!!!!

Cheery

Gaming = AMD. SLI is not worth the money. The only time i would recommend SLI is if the person gamed at high res with AA/AF enabled and money was not a concern.

spunky5150

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2004
I think I might have to buy an SLi board regardless, the only reason for that is I'm a huge believer in Asus boards. They've ALWAYS done me proud.

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Don't be blinded by your faith in Asus. They, like every other manufacturer, have made some clunkers.

You've tried and failed. The lesson here is, never try again. -- Homer Simpson.

spunky5150

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2004
Ahhhhhhhhh ah heck, someone pitched up on ebay tonight and bought it £170 so I've got my 1Gb ddr left only.
Ah well, Asus it is!!!!
lol
cheers anyway guys