Athlon 64 Motherboard article

ayqazi

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
You dogs! How dare you not rate the DFI LANParty UT NF4 Ultra-D as the best motherboard?! Which of the other motherboards can pump 4.0V into OCZ VX memory and get 2-2-2-5 speeds at close to DDR600?!

Before you take offence, please note I am joking - its hard to get across the context of ones message on the 'net.

Still, I am a bit surprised that the DFi didn't get a mention for its "special feature" - the fact you can get the memory modules running at up to 4.0V, allowing for far better overclocking. Also, I can't seem to understand from your article what separates it from the Abit or the MSI, could you explain a bit more?

Thanks,
Asfand Yar

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
They went by stock speed performance and features mainly, including packaged extras. It would have been nice to see them try pushing all the boards to the max, but Tom's is no longer the hardcore site it was at the END OF LAST CENTURY.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

ayqazi

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
That's true. Which is a shame, because the DFi is to me the best board of the lot, and the one I intend to get. That's what the peeps over at Anand's say as well (and they compared it to this Fatality thing.)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Thanks for the compliment, I'll make sure Humphrey and Darren know your opinion.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Remember BumJC? Remember when he started writing articles for THG? He's still around and looking to fill a larger roll. I won't discuss the rest until it's actually "news".